chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: Sydney Posted 28/08/03 01:50 AM Posted 28/08/03 01:50 AM So your telling me every one on this forum in the past with a modified vehicle has had an engineers certificate, ther only guys I know that have gone that far where friends with 4 cylinder cars with big V8's in them. Don't get me wrong and I'm not trying to be difficult it's just it seems like a big waste of time. Seriously who on this forum is going to get a engineer to certify there vehicle?On the insurance issue I can imagine what our insurers will say when we tell them "my car now has 500hp instead of 340hp" VOID VOID or $6000 a year thankyou, so you don't tell them and try not get into a accident when your in fault., risky yes, but stuff paying a very high premium.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 28/08/03 07:42 AM Posted 28/08/03 07:42 AM chrislak> You sound like a top shelf gambler so good luck to you.I don't know what others have done but I have had engineers' reports done on vehicles I've modded in the past - and every day the beaurocracy is getting heavier on us all, so I would not suggest anybody take the gamble with their insurance company not finding out about mods - assessors are very astute and know exactly what to look for. Insurance is very competitive - these companies don't want to let go of even one dollar of the squillions they make every year, so if there is a way out of a claim then bye bye policy ...
chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: Sydney Posted 28/08/03 09:37 AM Posted 28/08/03 09:37 AM Quick double it :D
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Posted 28/08/03 11:30 PM Posted 28/08/03 11:30 PM Chrislak,Modified vehicles are now becoming a big headache in both NSW and Victoria. Point is, the police, EPA or Road Traffic Authority can not only defect the car, they can and do enforce removal of non-standard parts from the car. In addition, insurance companies can simply walk away from a claim if the modified vehicle is not legally registered. I.e. does not have an engineer's certificate.The insurance issue is very real; in fact I know of two substantial court cases where insurance companies have defended their position and won.Bottom line is – you can put your head in the sand and hope the problem goes away, or tackle the problem head on – prove continued compliance to emission laws, then organise an engineer’s certificate and have complete peace of mind. The choice is up to every individual.Peter
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/08/03 02:01 AM Posted 29/08/03 02:01 AM all of my cars that I have modified have been engineered. Very expensive exercise, but very worth it.My XR6T will be no different. I have already spoken to my engineer about my wheels, brakes, pedals and steering wheel (yes, the GT wheel was not a factory fit) and I have also told my insurer about my mods too.but I havent modded my motor yet, so emmisions havent changed. And I think that's the big problem here.
chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: Sydney Posted 29/08/03 07:44 AM Posted 29/08/03 07:44 AM I understand fully what you guys are saying.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 06/09/03 01:15 AM Posted 06/09/03 01:15 AM APSSo with your kits , are they EPA approved ? and if they are do we still need to get a engineers report ? Im confused any help would be appreciated Thanks
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m 4d Posted 08/09/03 01:30 AM Posted 08/09/03 01:30 AM APSSo with your kits , are they EPA approved ? and if they are do we still need to get a engineers report ? Im confused any help would be appreciated ThanksThere is no such thing as “EPA approved”. – It is a matter of the vehicle owner being able to prove or demonstrate continued compliance to Australian Design Rules. An engineer’s certificate will fully certify that this is the case for a given vehicle. This topic is discussed in great detail, including how APS assists customers achieve 100% legality, on our web site:Click here for information on keeping your XR6 Turbo road legalRainer
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Posted 11/09/03 09:50 AM Author Posted 11/09/03 09:50 AM For those that are lucky enough to have full access to Autospeed, here is an article on the AVO stage one kit that sells for $3900 fitted. There is also some info on their website.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 11/09/03 10:04 AM Posted 11/09/03 10:04 AM I would like to know if anybody has had the capa stg 1 kit fitted and dynoed what the fwklw and or rwklw really are ? CHEERS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now