gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 04:18 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 04:18 AM A bit of both Ben! I just want to see the look on the service manager's face at his local dealer when Simon turns up and says "Hey there is a clunk in the rear end of my ute, could you take a look at it for me"←LMAO Will be all new from the gearbox back - and you are right - the OMFG look if the service guys gets it on hoist would be priceless
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 04:23 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 04:23 AM Tis interesting, I would have thought a 9 inch coversion be much easier but this is wayyyy more interesting. Its truely a work of are, but I wonder what hassles he would have to go through to make this legal.←As F6 Ute as pointed out - these rear ends hold up on some VERY high hp GTR's, and offer a much greater level of sophistication than the ford ute suspension, so add a lot more than just a stronger diff. Cheers, Ben.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 04:29 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 04:29 AM Sorry, no hijack intended. Nissan rear end, he is a genius that has had way too much red cordial!←
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 04:32 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 04:32 AM I suppose anything is possible with a gas axe an a hot stick.. There a big HP GTR's running rwd into 9's, so it should hold up..←That is basically the idea - plus he has a lot of exerience setting up the suspension on the the GTR's... Will be interesting to see just how good this all proves - if it goes into the sedan, It could well be my next mod... So says he still waiting on the current lot... Cheers, Ben.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 09/08/06 04:33 AM Posted 09/08/06 04:33 AM much greater level of sophistication than the ford ute suspension←BUT can it carry a full tonne?? and do we care..
Goldbullet Member 883 Member For: 21y 6m 5d Location: Frankston Posted 09/08/06 04:40 AM Posted 09/08/06 04:40 AM I was considering this option for Bullet but after doing some discussion it was found the the GTR is alot lighter than the Ford. But if you put the same rear end into a Ford Sedan with the exra weight the rear end will actually be alot weaker than the current ford set up.Dave.
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Posted 09/08/06 04:43 AM Posted 09/08/06 04:43 AM well when I was in there last week I saw him measuring ride hieght and complaining about things but I didnt ask him what was wrong... but now I know what he was planning also I asked him if a 4wd system could be done on a sedan xr6t and he goes it could be done..now imagine that no more 1.6 60 foot times..but it will be to heavi I guess.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 05:02 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 05:02 AM much greater level of sophistication than the ford ute suspension←BUT can it carry a full tonne?? and do we care.. ←Not sure Ben - I will have to check with "The Man" next time I speak with him...
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/06 05:06 AM Author Posted 09/08/06 05:06 AM I was considering this option for Bullet but after doing some discussion it was found the the GTR is alot lighter than the Ford. But if you put the same rear end into a Ford Sedan with the exra weight the rear end will actually be alot weaker than the current ford set up.Dave. ←Hi Dave!not sure about that - I suspect it would be plenty tough enough, only thing that might require tweaking will be the spring and damper rates to suit the load charateristics of the falcon. The basic suspension cradle and all the other componants look plenty strong enough to me - I guess time will tell!!!Cheers, Ben.
carbonford Member 16 Member For: 20y 4m 5d Posted 09/08/06 05:13 AM Posted 09/08/06 05:13 AM I was in shocked when I saw that at Nizpro a couple of weeks ago... and simon told me that he was going to put that up his ute... I was like... WOW... that's a different thing and those gangs at nizpro are always full of surprises and good works! I believe it will turn out well giving that simon always knows what he is doing with both Nissan and Ford (of course and others too )cheers,richie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now