GT-P 390 Member 34 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Posted 11/07/06 01:30 PM Posted 11/07/06 01:30 PM I had this fix done a few months ago. Seems to have worked as it hasn't returned.
silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 17/07/06 07:40 AM Posted 17/07/06 07:40 AM Had my car in for a few warranty issues today and mentioned the rubbing noise from the back wheels. I was told they had "reworked" it to stop the noise temporarily but the proper fix if replacement of the handbrake drums and pads...at my cost becuase because it's considered to be normal wear and tear.I've owned something like 30 cars, some of which have clocked up 150,000 kms and I've never had to replace handbrake parts so I'm not taking their story. I will be following this up with Ford tomorrow because I've had to have this issuer looked at every service so far so I reckon it's their problem to fix, at their cost!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/07/06 07:42 AM Posted 17/07/06 07:42 AM There is a TSB on the handbrake!Do not let them tell you otherwise!
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/07/06 07:46 AM Posted 17/07/06 07:46 AM One of the reasons for having the thing is an emergency brake for if your normal system fails. bang clunk - crash.←Oh but in Australia you don't need an 'Emergency Brake' so our cars only have a parking brake The size of these parking brakes are such that you would be lucky to pull the car up from 60 kph with them.If your brakes fail at 100kph down hill in an auto, I would consider praying as an equally efficient option
silverchris Member 129 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Location: Bulleen, Vic Posted 21/07/06 07:59 AM Posted 21/07/06 07:59 AM I'm please to announce that Ford have agreed to cover the full parts and labour cost to repair my handbrake noise; that apparatnely incudes new handbrake disks and pads which, along with the revised spring, will resolve my handbrake noise forever.I'll keep my finders crossed on that one. Now if only there were so happy to replace the whining diff (for the third time, I might add). This is still a work in progress with the dealer and Ford.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/07/06 09:12 AM Author Posted 21/07/06 09:12 AM So does this TSB fix the "shh shh" noise whilst travelling?←Yep sure does! Mive has been good so far since the fix
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 22/07/06 06:22 AM Posted 22/07/06 06:22 AM I am booked in for Tuesday for this one.I take it there was no charge at all?
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 18d Posted 22/07/06 02:51 PM Posted 22/07/06 02:51 PM When I push my car back and forward when its in neautral it makes a sound at the rear end as if the pads are rubbing against the disk. Is that the handbrake or just the rear brake pads? Is that a normal thing?ThanxNesh
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/07/06 04:09 AM Author Posted 23/07/06 04:09 AM When I push my car back and forward when its in neautral it makes a sound at the rear end as if the pads are rubbing against the disk. Is that the handbrake or just the rear brake pads? Is that a normal thing?ThanxNesh←That would be your handbreak! Put your window down while the car is moving slowly and you will hear the schh schh noise. If you pull the handbreak up a bit it stops, hence its the handbreak!
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 18d Posted 23/07/06 06:35 AM Posted 23/07/06 06:35 AM So I should take it back to ford and they will fix it with the new fix tey have?Nesh
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now