bonza Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 20y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 31/10/06 01:42 PM Posted 31/10/06 01:42 PM where are you guys sourcing Destinator 3 from? From what I can gather to use Map Monkey as your sat nav solution you need the SDK & registered maps from Destinator 3 to get it to work?bonza
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 25d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 31/10/06 07:20 PM Posted 31/10/06 07:20 PM *coughbittorrentcough*Chris
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 19d Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/06 01:03 AM Posted 01/11/06 01:03 AM Does destinator have the ability 2 do what Goops does? I.e. track where you've been and log the gps data into .kml files so that you can import it into google earth + show the changing speed of preeecious in the track line??? I've got several programs running on my Navman atm to achieve this but cant get the speed line to show. Atm ive got a program called GPSGate which takes the incoming GPS data and maps it to a virtual port so I can run multiple applications at once that need the GPS data. So I run SmartST - came with the Navman - awesom navigation program! + run GPS2GoogleEarth which just logs the GPS data and exports it to .kml files I can import into Google Earth - that's all easy to do except the data I get doesnt include the speed data. All I get is a solid line - want that speed line lika Panda has in his origional pics!!! Panda - could you do me a favour and send me your .kml file from Goops so I can make sure my google earth isnt the problem?
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 01/11/06 04:01 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 04:01 AM where are you guys sourcing Destinator 3 from?Send me an emailPanda
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 01/11/06 04:06 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 04:06 AM Does destinator have the ability 2 do what Goops does? I don't think so. Destinator tells you where to go, and Goops tells you where you've been.I've got several programs running on my Navman atm to achieve this but cant get the speed line to show.The limitation is probably the Navman (or more precisely the software limitations because of the hardware limitations)Panda - could you do me a favour and send me your .kml file from Goops so I can make sure my google earth isnt the problem?Since I installed Destinator, I no longer use Goops, but I did make a ghost of my carputer a while back, will see if I can find it for youPanda
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 19d Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/06 05:30 AM Posted 01/11/06 05:30 AM (edited) I know Navman supports speed cause SmartST has a speed alert option. Just a matter of finding the right program that'll export the correct data to google earth so it'll show it. But I think Goops is using some kind of customer plugin to get that speed line to show - no other application ive found has it.That'd be awesom if u could find your goops data - just so I can make sure that google earth will actually show me the speed line if its given the right input Edited 01/11/06 05:36 AM by voy74656
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 01/11/06 10:56 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 10:56 AM Since I installed Destinator, I no longer use Goops, but I did make a ghost of my carputer a while back, will see if I can find it for youSorry, couldn't find it.Panda
Panda Member 225 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 01/11/06 11:01 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 11:01 AM But I think Goops is using some kind of customer plugin to get that speed line to show - no other application ive found has it.But you're not using Goops are you? Didn't you say in a previous post that you are using GPS to Google Earth, not Goops?Panda
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/11/06 05:32 AM Posted 03/11/06 05:32 AM Mapmonkey is expensive isnt it? All of the proper software ones are. GOOPS isnt but it doesnt tell you where to turn etc.PS Im building a carbook project ill post it all up when its done. This is a carputer but with a notebook instead of std atx based system.
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 25d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 03/11/06 05:35 AM Posted 03/11/06 05:35 AM Map Monkey is free afaik.You can download I from - HEREAll you need is the maps for it then...Chris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now