ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 06:47 AM Posted 19/07/06 06:47 AM I had my 3,000km service done on the F6 the other day and the Service Advisor told me about a new recall that was needed on my car.He did not know anything more about it, but it takes a few hours and I could not wait, so its going back in a week or so to have several items replaced and the recall done.On the service sheet it says:Recalls / CampaignsCarry Out Outstanding PRGC350A Recall Weld Alignment.....There is no further details.Can anyone elaborate ?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 19/07/06 08:57 AM Posted 19/07/06 08:57 AM You didn't get a Lemon did ya Mal?
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 09:45 AM Posted 19/07/06 09:45 AM Let us know what you find out Zap. I've done 18,800kms since Dec '05 (as of today). I had the diff subframe (and bushes) replaced at the 15,000km service as it was cracked.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 19/07/06 02:41 PM Posted 19/07/06 02:41 PM Let us know what you find out Zap. I've done 18,800kms since Dec '05 (as of today). I had the diff subframe (and bushes) replaced at the 15,000km service as it was cracked.←Did you notice any clunking in the rear end prior to the repairs?Mine has made banging noises in the rear since new and the dealer hasn't been able to find anything wrong with it.Big AL
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/07/06 03:01 PM Posted 19/07/06 03:01 PM This could be the weld points that some have experienced a problem with... not a new thing but its something to do with the rear end of the car... and related to a knocking sound that was hard to diagnose.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 03:06 PM Posted 19/07/06 03:06 PM Did you notice any clunking in the rear end prior to the repairs?Mine has made banging noises in the rear since new and the dealer hasn't been able to find anything wrong with it.Big AL←Nah no clunking at all, just a bit of driveline shunt if I didn't match the revs when changing gears. All sweet since the new frame went in.I notice you've got the auto though, so any clunking etc should definately be checked out.Is the banging just when travelling along, or under hard accel? The only thing I get is axle tramp ocassionally when taking off enthusiastically - unavoidable with the IRS.
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 03:13 PM Posted 19/07/06 03:13 PM SavageD, did you by any chance take any photos of the broken/cracked bits?This sounds suspicious. My car has a clunking noise in the rear end. I had the rear end checked including shocks and swaybar and we did not find anything?When I launch hard and break traction the rear end goes wild over to the passeger side!
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 03:20 PM Posted 19/07/06 03:20 PM Didn't get any photos. To be honest I wouldn't even have known about the cracked frame if Ford hadn't have picked it up. There wasn't any noise/clunking at all, just the driveline shunt when I failed to match revs properly.I went in to get them to change the gearbox oil, and mentioned the shunt off-hand. When I came to pick the car up, they said the diff sub frame was cracked, and they could replace it when I next came in (the 15k service wasn't far away).One thing though - all driveline shunt disappeared after they'd done the work which was great, as I simply thought it was normal up to that point.
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/07/06 03:22 PM Posted 19/07/06 03:22 PM SavageD,Thanks anyway ... I will do some homework and have a closer look at the subframe assembly.
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 10d Posted 29/07/06 10:37 AM Posted 29/07/06 10:37 AM Had mine on a hoist yesterday changing the oil, noticed the centre diff locating bolt the rubber bush around it is flogged out, needs to be replaced is there any new or better types of bushes we can use.I have been told the nylathyn bushes may be too hard and assist in breaking the bolt.Some of my manual friends have broken this bolt.If I am going to pull the rear end out and apart, best I get some better bushes if there available.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now