cv8z Member 125 Member For: 20y 3m 19d Location: Brisvagas Posted 18/07/06 12:02 AM Author Posted 18/07/06 12:02 AM I hope you did'nt clamp off the turbo wastegate tube, if that's the one you will get spikes to about 24 psi, and the ecu will be going into wastegate failure, and using torque control to save your motor. WOOPS ha ha ha that's the one I clamped offGee it went great till 5000rmp then the thing would shut downI have since taken the clamp off as I have been told I will blow the bum out of my engine doing this dodgy power boost.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 18/07/06 12:08 AM Posted 18/07/06 12:08 AM nothin wrong with cable ties, cheapest boost contoller ever, but on this car NO wont work. If you are getting a box from herrod he only charges 1350 for a custom tune and box, might not be the worlds most extensive custom tune, but you can bet its going to be way safer than using the generic tunes, though they also claim that they are safe
wrxkilla Member 106 Member For: 20y 3m 13d Posted 18/07/06 01:03 AM Posted 18/07/06 01:03 AM Hey all,Got some questions about the flash tuner, but wont go creating a new thread.I presume the capa flash tuner can do the following:1) rasie the auto shift points in performance mode?2) raise the auto stall to say 2800rpm?3) can or are these done on the basic tune you can get with it from capa for $990 or would you have to pop in somewhere to get a custom tune.cheersMichael
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 19d Location: Canberra Posted 18/07/06 01:23 AM Posted 18/07/06 01:23 AM it'll be said to death.. but get a custom tune.look around for second hand flash tuners.. you can pick them up for $600 or less. Then, with the money you save on that, get yourself a custom tune.
cv8z Member 125 Member For: 20y 3m 19d Location: Brisvagas Posted 18/07/06 01:44 AM Author Posted 18/07/06 01:44 AM it'll be said to death.. but get a custom tune.look around for second hand flash tuners.. you can pick them up for $600 or less. Then, with the money you save on that, get yourself a custom tune.←If a second hand flash tuner is bought,isnt the tuner vin locked ???If so the cost involved in sending the unit back to capa would end up same price (I think)Does anyone have a secondhand one????CheersGuys sorry for the tight ass questions but I dont have much cash flowbut as most males I want everything NOWha ha ha
wrxkilla Member 106 Member For: 20y 3m 13d Posted 18/07/06 01:49 AM Posted 18/07/06 01:49 AM ok thanks for the reply jimmy, but I presume same the flash tuner is capapble of those functions though?I'll have a hunt for a s/h unit.I have only seen one on ebay for $750.$500-600 would be much better.michael
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 18/07/06 03:09 AM Posted 18/07/06 03:09 AM as I learnt recently and its also listed on teh capa website, you have to have the tuner flash the vehicle back to stock, and then the unit can be taken to a tuner who would poses the software to reset the box so you can use it
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 19d Location: Canberra Posted 18/07/06 03:27 AM Posted 18/07/06 03:27 AM yeah guys, you can have the flash tuner reset.. killing one of its lives. But with 5 resets availaible, you'd still be able to change cars 4 more times keep an eye out for them, they pop up every now and then. And I'm pretty sure a tuner can reset the box for you.
cv8z Member 125 Member For: 20y 3m 19d Location: Brisvagas Posted 18/07/06 03:54 AM Author Posted 18/07/06 03:54 AM And I'm pretty sure a tuner can reset the box for you.←Can anyone confirm this ??
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/07/06 07:03 AM Posted 18/07/06 07:03 AM might be worth clearing up a couple of things here...1) the generic tunes are from CAPA - herrod MAY have something different, I have no idea one way or another...2) if buying through a tuner, then you will need to speak with each about what they will offer. I would expect a 'good' tuner to refuse to alter the base tunes without doing so properly - this means putting the car on a dyno, logging fuel mixture, boost, checking for pinging etc etc ie - custom tune...3) If buying a secondhand flash box, you need to ensure the factory map was the last map flashed from the unit - If this is not the case then my understanding is the unit needs to go back to the states to be reset. If this has been done I understand the unit can be reset via the advantage software which the tuners have... 4) you will also need to ensure the tunes in the box are the correct ones for your car. Each car has a processor code for the ECU - there are different processor codes for each model. You would need to speak with CAPA about costs for uploading the correct tunes...5) Get a custom tune6) get a custom tune7) get a custom tune - have I emphasised that enough yet? IMHO this should not be an option - and don't nessisarily go to the cheapest - get a tune from an experience tune house who provide you with support and servicebest of luck!cheers, Ben.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now