Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 8d
  • Location: Canberra/North Cooma
Posted

G'day everyone. My baby is a BF T so she has the ZF box.

My problem is when I put the car into reverse in the morning (this is the only time it has happened) she doesnt want to get going out of the garage (probably because its canberra and freezing at the moment...LOL). She stumbles and farts so I have to put her back into park wait about 10 seconds and away we go, no more problems. If I start her in the morning, wait 10-20 seconds she is ok, I can reverse her down the driveway and off to work.

Have taken her back twice, the first time she was re-flashed (blocked her eyes).

The second time nothing detected. Next time they are going to contact where she was born for advice.

Has anyone else with a ZF auto had the same problem and what was the fix?

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 19d
  • Location: Qld
Posted

Mine seems to be OK in the morning. Maybe a little harsh on take off in low initianally on a cold morning, but has gone by the time I take off again at the end of the street. But then again this is sunny QLD ! I put it down to the fluid being cold & the box having clutches instead of bands. Have had mine checked out by transmission place & all is OK. (2000k's on clock). :spoton:

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted

I dunno what the go is there..

My dads XR6T with the 4 speed takes ages to go into reverse. You have to accelorate slightly to get it to go into gear..

If I were you just take it back to the dealer.

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

5500k's on my ZF and it hasnt missed a beat. Wish I could say the same for everything else.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Female
Posted

My husband had a similar problem and found the O2 Oxygen sensor was faulting, replaced and all was ok

  • Long Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 19d
  • Location: Canberra, ACT
Posted
G'day everyone. My baby is a BF T so she has the ZF box.

My problem is when I put the car into reverse in the morning (this is the only time it has happened) she doesnt want to get going out of the garage (probably because its canberra and freezing at the moment...LOL). She stumbles and farts so I have to put her back into park wait about 10 seconds and away we go, no more problems. If I start her in the morning, wait 10-20 seconds she is ok, I can reverse her down the driveway and off to work.

Have taken her back twice, the first time she was re-flashed (blocked her eyes).

The second time nothing detected. Next time they are going to contact where she was born for advice.

Has anyone else with a ZF auto had the same problem and what was the fix?

I had the same problem with the BTR auto - replaced o2 sensor and it doesn't do it anymore. It happened more often if I put the car straight into reverse after starting. So perhaps get the o2 sensor checked out? Are you finding high fuel consumption as well?

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 8d
  • Location: Canberra/North Cooma
Posted

Thanks everyone for your responses. My son thought it might be the O2 sensor and suggested that to the dealer but they only flashed it. Next time I will suggest it again.

No fuel problems, only when the son drives it. LOL.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 17d
  • Location: leonay
Posted

My problem is when I put the car into reverse

things come up from behind you!, happens to me too :spoton:

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

IM not sure bout most of you guys but I like to let the warm up a bit before I do anything.

Normally ill start it and wait for about 2 to 5 mins before I get going. I understand that the manual states that you dont have to but I reckon that little time needed allows everything to get fully lubricated (other than diff). I dont open it up untill its well over 1/4 temp..

My old man once had an EA station wagon. Again you didnt have to warm it up but he did and managed to get 330000 out of the car before he sold it.. It was also the original auto too

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 17d
  • Location: leonay
Posted (edited)
IM not sure bout most of you guys but I like to let the warm up a bit before I do anything.

Normally ill start it and wait for about 2 to 5 mins before I get going. I understand that the manual states that you dont have to but I reckon that little time needed allows everything to get fully lubricated. I dont open it up untill its well over 1/4 temp..

good thinking there revhead, although my fiance starts whinging if I take too long warming her up before "getting going".

but tell me, whats your thoughts about starting your car on a cold morning?

Edited by drcook

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...