fnp Member 38 Member For: 20y 1m 22d Location: Perth Posted 18/02/07 01:11 PM Posted 18/02/07 01:11 PM How are people running aftermarket transmission coolers with this intercooler in the way?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/02/07 02:57 AM Posted 19/02/07 02:57 AM GUYS FIRST AND LAST WARNINGKeep it on topicDo not get personalDo not bring tuner bashing into itONLY SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCEIf ANYONE starts up with the crap again, they can go on holidays for 7 days.I do not think we need this crap to keep going.
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 9m 18d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/07 03:03 AM Posted 19/02/07 03:03 AM I have seen these coolers and they aer great for Mild power.I would not want to run over 300rwklw. not saying it cant be done just saying that I would not.value for money under 300rwlkw they are great...
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 19/02/07 04:00 AM Posted 19/02/07 04:00 AM I agree and disagree.... I have not only seen 1 but I run 1... and have run over 300rwkw for quite some time... no issues anywhere... extremely efficient at its jobsure there are better coolers out there...and for big power they should be looked at 300 aint big from these cars though If ANYONE starts up with the crap again, they can go on holidays for 7 days.I do not think we need this crap to keep going.←But it was so much fun
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 9m 18d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/07 04:56 AM Posted 19/02/07 04:56 AM alot of people have over 300rwklw its not that hard.the reason I took MY monza cooler off is because I found the setup was not as good as the one I have now.if you think the monza cooler is "extremely efficient at its job" then that is fine.I have found better results for my car with a diffrent setup.I did not say monza could not handle 300rwklw easy I said I personaly would not do it.
slippunchdump Member 116 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/07 05:44 AM Posted 19/02/07 05:44 AM alot of people have over 300rwklw its not that hard.It is for a Holden
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 9m 18d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/07 05:56 AM Posted 19/02/07 05:56 AM yeah that's true.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 19/02/07 06:15 AM Posted 19/02/07 06:15 AM alot of people have over 300rwklw its not that hard.the reason I took MY monza cooler off is because I found the setup was not as good as the one I have now.if you think the monza cooler is "extremely efficient at its job" then that is fine.I have found better results for my car with a diffrent setup.I did not say monza could not handle 300rwklw easy I said I personaly would not do it.←ok... so why would you not personally do it? Is there a specific reason such as it doesnt do its job effeciently?what cooler do you run now??
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 19/02/07 06:48 AM Posted 19/02/07 06:48 AM (edited) For anyone using the standard Ford plumbing, it is brilliant. Can't go wrong with it.But if you are seeking 350+ rwkws, most would be changing their intake setup.Once I install injectors and so on, I will change my plumbing, and this render the bolt on 'WOG' cooler useless, cos it will not fit.BFB it cannot be beaten. When fitted, I had 3 back to back runs, and it lost a total of 1.2 rwkws. Bugger all. But it also gave me an extra 22rwkws straight off the bat. During this past very hot and humid Victoria summer, it is good to drive the car and know that it is doing what it'd told. I remember with the stock cooler and 245rwkws, the heatsoak was killing the cars performance. Edited 19/02/07 07:09 AM by Dagabond
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 19/02/07 07:04 AM Posted 19/02/07 07:04 AM (edited) The M spec cooler does a great job and well exceeds the limits of the "STOCK PIPE WORK" simple thing is, if your chasing big power and consistency ditch all the stock pipe work and go for the largest best flowing and cooling intercooler possible. Aint rocket scienceAlso piss easy to fit, takes me little under an hour now for a complete changeover Edited 19/02/07 07:07 AM by Fat-Tony
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now