Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 13/06/06 07:45 AM Posted 13/06/06 07:45 AM Well took the T in for is 3k service and had a few issues, most of which I was told are just normal things. Had the oil changed and seems to go better.Though 2 issues I had:1. Rattle behind passenger side rear speaker heard from outside of the car when stereo volume up. I was told that they couldnt hear it while driving, LOL, so I proceded to show em the problem, now I got to take it back for that. 2. Informed them that the BOV wasnt working. I was told tonight that well its not ment to make noise. Dumbfounded I had to explain to them that its the fact that I can hear noise on throttle back off which is why it isnt working.So insted of contacting me during the day to expain these problems or lack thereof that they couldnt hear ect, I now got to take the car back to have them rectified. End rant
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 13/06/06 07:54 AM Posted 13/06/06 07:54 AM 2. Informed them that the BOV wasnt working. I was told tonight that well its not ment to make noise. Dumbfounded I had to explain to them that its the fact that I can hear noise on throttle back off which is why it isnt working.←mines got a gobble sound when backing off on the throttle.. you telling me its farked???
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 13/06/06 08:06 AM Author Posted 13/06/06 08:06 AM well isnt the BOV there so the car doesnt make a gobble sound when you back off
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 13/06/06 08:18 AM Posted 13/06/06 08:18 AM The factory valves are a plumback but you can faintly still hear them when backing off at hard throttle
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 13/06/06 09:39 AM Posted 13/06/06 09:39 AM well isnt the BOV there so the car doesnt make a gobble sound when you back off← Clarke
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 13/06/06 10:12 AM Author Posted 13/06/06 10:12 AM The factory valves are a plumback but you can faintly still hear them when backing off at hard throttle←maybe that's wat im hearingthink I might dc it and see if it makes a diffence, I just figured it was muffled cause of the airbox but seeing as other ppl are getting gobbles im looking quite the foolmeh
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 13/06/06 10:32 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:32 AM The factory valves are a plumback but you can faintly still hear them when backing off at hard throttle←maybe that's wat im hearingthink I might dc it and see if it makes a diffence, I just figured it was muffled cause of the airbox but seeing as other ppl are getting gobbles im looking quite the foolmeh ←If you disconnect the plumback remember to cap it off because your turbo will suck air from there aswell as your airbox.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 13/06/06 10:36 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:36 AM Disconnect the vacumm hose
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Posted 13/06/06 10:43 AM Author Posted 13/06/06 10:43 AM (edited) ok I dc the vac line into the top of the BOV and guess wat, it makes more noise, so guessing that these cars are ment to make a lil noise stock. Why the hell didnt ford tell me that. Guessing they didnt even check to see if it was faulty. Wonder if they actually changed the oil. lolyes I put a bolt in the plenum vac to Edited 13/06/06 10:47 AM by Fattony
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 13/06/06 10:48 AM Posted 13/06/06 10:48 AM So if its not the blow off valve making the shhhh noise at each change when I plant it, what the f*ck is it....wastegate????
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now