JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 6d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 11/06/06 07:43 AM Posted 11/06/06 07:43 AM Hey Gang, just wondering now that there are a few Typhoon owners on the forum, if we are seeing any common issues, or a continuation of issues from the T with their cars?eg some issues the T's are know for:Diff whineShuntsteering shudderBrakesRadiatorsParkbrake swooshetcAre these issues showing themselves on the Typhoons as well, or are there seperate issues specific to the Typhoon to look out for?Hope everyone is well!!! CheersJB
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 11/06/06 07:51 AM Posted 11/06/06 07:51 AM you going back to the blue oval JB???
Phoon Hoon Member 156 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Posted 11/06/06 09:43 AM Posted 11/06/06 09:43 AM Diff whine: NupShunt: Nupsteering shudder: NupBrakes: NupRadiators: NupParkbrake swoosh: NupHad a minor rattle somewhere near the driver's door, but was fixed at my 15,000km service.Still not sure about the quality of the paint on the splitter... seems to be racking up quite a few chips.Intercooler hose was loose when I picked it up but corrected virtually immediately.Having said that - I hate bagging my car because it is AWESOME!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/06/06 09:46 AM Posted 11/06/06 09:46 AM My F6 is 100x better in overall build quality.It feels tighter, goes faster and looks better.I do not know if it the BF is the difference or that it is a FPV, but you can notice the quality.While it is not BMW quality, it is not far off, except for that the F6 does not have a M5 pricetag.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 6d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 11/06/06 10:06 AM Posted 11/06/06 10:06 AM Like above...........Nothing like my 80,000k's in my Problematic T.....40,000k's in the phoon and not 1 problem or complaint.......Totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 11/06/06 10:34 AM Posted 11/06/06 10:34 AM Sorry to be a downer guys but I drove my neighbours F6 phoon with 15000kms on it that had clunk in the rear end when trying to change gears smoothly.I wouldnt be happy with that for a new car.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 11/06/06 10:39 AM Posted 11/06/06 10:39 AM Sorry to be a downer guys but I drove my neighbours F6 phoon with 15000kms on it that had clunk in the rear end when trying to change gears smoothly.I wouldnt be happy with that for a new car. ←the funny thing is my T had a smooth driveline after delivery... a llittle while after, I got the dreaded clunk (very minor compared to my ute)... after my last custom tune it has gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am guessing its pcm related, because in all honesty the shunt is not there ATM (since new tune).and if you get the new 6 speed it wont be there at all..
Guest newl Guests Posted 11/06/06 10:39 AM Posted 11/06/06 10:39 AM I'd have to say no to all of the above. The only thing that stands out is the low speed steering noise which is a known issue which will be rectified very soon when I book it in for it's 30000k service this coming week (it's an 04 'BA' but an October build so really it shouldn't have this problem).Aside from that it's been heaps nicer to own and drive than the XR6T I previously owned.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 11/06/06 10:46 AM Posted 11/06/06 10:46 AM My brakes were deplorable from day one.Diff ClunkGeneral driveline 'slap'Front splitter paint dismal ( repainted @ my own expense ) BUT, from the 50k's it's done in 12 months, edited from 1500km and running near 300rwkw for 45,000km, it does very well, and put into context has been very good since I stopped taking it to Ford for services.................
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/06/06 02:32 PM Posted 11/06/06 02:32 PM Sorry to be a downer guys but I drove my neighbours F6 phoon with 15000kms on it that had clunk in the rear end when trying to change gears smoothly.I wouldnt be happy with that for a new car. ←I had driveline clunk when changing gears in some instances, and brought it to the attention of Ford.They replaced the diff sub-frame and bushes/bolts and said that the welds on the diff frame had cracked. Also fixed a diff leak. All under warranty, no complaints.Not really phoon specific, but certainly not a surprise to Ford owners, though I'd not heard of a 'cracked' sub-frame before.Apart from that, the phoon goes great guns.On a side note, I think those 6 pot Brembos look pure horn with the standard machine faced 18s (pats self on back)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now