DaveO Member 250 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Location: City Posted 11/06/06 08:13 AM Posted 11/06/06 08:13 AM iam more a turbo man then v8 I havent long sold an r32 that had a few ballsand nothing beats that throw back into the sit when you hit boost, but my biggest concern was towing but by the sounds off it the turbo is pretty good on towing←Yeh I'd say the turbo would be better than the 8 for towing.. More torque lower down!
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 12/06/06 01:27 AM Posted 12/06/06 01:27 AM If money is an issue go with the cheapest you can get, T or V8. If you can find a XR8 within your price range I'd say go for the XR8. I have to agree with DaveO here. The XR8 might be slightly slower, but it sure sounds better. The noise alone when accelerating enhances the driving experience which means huge smile! Just listen to this.XR8 soundNice aint it Go the V8! ←Heres both sounds..... you make up your mind...http://members.iinet.net.au/~kateanddave/Vidz/XRs/xr6t8u.WMVTurbo for sure Dave←I meet your call and raise you this But I still dont mind the turbos.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 12/06/06 01:59 AM Posted 12/06/06 01:59 AM If money is an issue go with the cheapest you can get, T or V8. If you can find a XR8 within your price range I'd say go for the XR8. I have to agree with DaveO here. The XR8 might be slightly slower, but it sure sounds better. The noise alone when accelerating enhances the driving experience which means huge smile! Just listen to this.XR8 soundNice aint it Go the V8! ←Heres both sounds..... you make up your mind...http://members.iinet.net.au/~kateanddave/Vidz/XRs/xr6t8u.WMVTurbo for sure Dave←I meet your call and raise you this But I still dont mind the turbos.←And its not 500+ rwklw
eat-xr6 Member 4 Member For: 20y 3m 24d Posted 12/06/06 05:25 AM Posted 12/06/06 05:25 AM you should really go for a turbo, v8 suck balls they are just noisy slow boxs, if you want power get a turbo with a turbo all you have to do is boost the up, and watch the times drop,you cant do that with a v8!! that's my 2 cents!
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 12/06/06 05:40 AM Posted 12/06/06 05:40 AM one word T U R B O←←←
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/06/06 06:25 AM Posted 12/06/06 06:25 AM one word T U R B O←←←←
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/06/06 07:02 AM Posted 12/06/06 07:02 AM It's a no -brainer. For the money you have you should go and test drive a T-Series. A T3 (250kW) or even an older T2 (220kW) will tow better than any BA. They are lighter, especially in the front end, and will outsprint and outhandle a standard BA in any form. And you will turn your stereo OFF just so you can hear the sound!
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 12/06/06 07:47 AM Posted 12/06/06 07:47 AM If money is an issue go with the cheapest you can get, T or V8. If you can find a XR8 within your price range I'd say go for the XR8. I have to agree with DaveO here. The XR8 might be slightly slower, but it sure sounds better. The noise alone when accelerating enhances the driving experience which means huge smile! Just listen to this.XR8 soundNice aint it Go the V8! ←Heres both sounds..... you make up your mind...http://members.iinet.net.au/~kateanddave/Vidz/XRs/xr6t8u.WMVTurbo for sure Dave←I meet your call and raise you this But I still dont mind the turbos.←And its not 500+ rwklw ←Yep that's right. That vid of the XR8 doing the skids is apparently stock. With more power it would simply roar. With 500+ rwklw... my god superdupercar!
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 12d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 12/06/06 08:22 AM Posted 12/06/06 08:22 AM If money is an issue go with the cheapest you can get, T or V8. If you can find a XR8 within your price range I'd say go for the XR8. I have to agree with DaveO here. The XR8 might be slightly slower, but it sure sounds better. The noise alone when accelerating enhances the driving experience which means huge smile! Just listen to this.XR8 soundNice aint it Go the V8! ←Heres both sounds..... you make up your mind...http://members.iinet.net.au/~kateanddave/Vidz/XRs/xr6t8u.WMVTurbo for sure Dave←I meet your call and raise you this But I still dont mind the turbos.←Not bad not bad .......U wanna see a burn out????Check this TURBO POWER!!!!http://members.iinet.net.au/~kateanddave/V...Rs/APSBurn1.wmvCant beat boost!!! Dave
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 12/06/06 09:12 AM Posted 12/06/06 09:12 AM one word T U R B O←←←← ←Oh for a BA/F that handled as well as a T3.V8 v Turbo?If you can afford a blower and edit for the 8.....buy the 8 if its power you're after.Otherwise go the T/'phoon-a cheaper option.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now