LTS60 They see me rolllin n hatin... Member 427 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/06/06 08:27 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:27 AM Go the Turbo
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/06/06 08:31 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:31 AM great looking ute.. You can definately haggle on that car.. afterall it is only undercoat and will require a top coat
GEGZY Member 145 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Location: Goulburn Posted 09/06/06 08:41 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:41 AM dood if youve got cash theyll take like 24 :D my uncle bought a sh*tty vz commo wagon the other day that had 28 on it, slammed cash on the table n said that's all ya get.. walked out the door for just under 22
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/06/06 12:03 PM Author Posted 09/06/06 12:03 PM thanks for the response I really do want th turbo but the only reason I thought the v8 was cause I do tow heavy loads regularly, Also cant put cash on table cause I will be leaseing the car.jetute I would prefer another colour but that seems to be the best ute on offer that I can find at the moment thru the dealers, I would rather go back to velocity or Silhoutte
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 25d Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/06/06 12:29 PM Posted 09/06/06 12:29 PM How much weight you talking of towing & what conditions you towing under???It's not the power/torque but the rear suspension that is the real limitation on a sedan, not sure on a ute, but my sedan towing my race car feels really unstable.I tow the race car from the Gold Coast to Warwick regularly using my Hilux 4wd, but I wouldn't with an XR sedan regardless of V8 or turbo.Russ
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/06/06 12:36 PM Posted 09/06/06 12:36 PM the turbo will tow it better, I tow a 1600kg trailer and often 500kg in the tub with no problem
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y 1d Location: City Posted 09/06/06 01:26 PM Posted 09/06/06 01:26 PM I vote for the dirty big V8 as you just cant beat the sound. Who cares if it doesnt turn as quick as the turbo, the falcon was never meant to be a real corner carver... I learnt that the hard way when I got my ass handed to me by a modded civic. Those povo boxes are soo light and really grip on the tight corners. Straights are a totally different story! On the other hand I'd recommend the Typhoon but this seems to be out of the price range you've given.
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 10/06/06 02:28 AM Author Posted 10/06/06 02:28 AM yeah a typhoon is well out of my price rangethebrunks- yeah what weight you carry would be the same as what I would
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 10/06/06 05:35 AM Posted 10/06/06 05:35 AM go the t lad, the cost to nail any stock HSV on the road is unbelievable.
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 9d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 10/06/06 05:40 AM Posted 10/06/06 05:40 AM If money is an issue go with the cheapest you can get, T or V8. If you can find a XR8 within your price range I'd say go for the XR8. I have to agree with DaveO here. The XR8 might be slightly slower, but it sure sounds better. The noise alone when accelerating enhances the driving experience which means huge smile! Just listen to this.XR8 soundNice aint it Go the V8!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now