Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/06/06 12:20 AM Posted 08/06/06 12:20 AM Unfortunately I need to be at work today, or I would have taken the entire day off. Atleast Monday is a public holiday here in Canberra so I will make a day trip to the coast and run her in up and down the Clyde/Brown.←Mate here is a top run in for ya...Head down the brown to bega, continue on to tathra, head up to bermagui and keep going. This is a magical tight windy road.Get on the highway, and at Moruya turn off to go past Mogo, and head up into the bay then up the Clyde back home.If you feel so inclined after braidwood head north to Wakefield park and run it in properly
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/06/06 12:51 AM Posted 08/06/06 12:51 AM One question for you BF owners, I can't turn my headlights off when the car is started. I have turned the headlight knob to off, but they stay on. It is like the off setting is hooked up to the Auto setting. Any idea's on how to turn them off?Cheers guys.←Do you have the Daytime Running Lights option?
BFXR6T Member 23 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 08/06/06 02:30 AM Author Posted 08/06/06 02:30 AM Do you have the Daytime Running Lights option?←To be honest, this is a term I have not heard of before, nor is it in the manual. The only lighting option I know about is the Lights On feature, but I think this is only for the interior lights.
BFXR6T Member 23 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 08/06/06 02:39 AM Author Posted 08/06/06 02:39 AM Mate here is a top run in for ya...Head down the brown to bega, continue on to tathra, head up to bermagui and keep going. This is a magical tight windy road.Get on the highway, and at Moruya turn off to go past Mogo, and head up into the bay then up the Clyde back home.If you feel so inclined after braidwood head north to Wakefield park and run it in properly ←Yeah I have done a similar run like that before in my Integra. Wakefield is on the list for the next month or so for sure!
senna Legacy Donating Member 32 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 08/06/06 04:23 AM Posted 08/06/06 04:23 AM I found the same thing (with the lights) on mine. If you click it all the way back it goes into "auto" mode which means the lights come on when you start the car and turn off by themselves after you lock it. The "off" position is one click forward.Congrats on the purchase, and even though it's a fleet car, grab yourself a flashtuner, it won't hurt...
Mildman Member 149 Member For: 20y 10m 18d Posted 08/06/06 04:40 AM Posted 08/06/06 04:40 AM HmmmI use the Auto headlight switch in my BFT - in fact it has barely moved from that position since I bought the car.The lights come on when its dark, and turn off when it's light (daylight).They stay on for around 15sec after you turn off the car.But the lights staying on particularly when you select the OFF position sounds like a fault...
BFXR6T Member 23 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 08/06/06 05:03 AM Author Posted 08/06/06 05:03 AM I found out that my lights will always be on. It is a kit that is installed on all Telstra fleet cars, kind of like a motorbike, as a safety thing....
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/06/06 05:29 AM Posted 08/06/06 05:29 AM I found out that my lights will always be on. It is a kit that is installed on all Telstra fleet cars, kind of like a motorbike, as a safety thing.... ←Ahh, I could have told you that if I knew you were a telstra worker.They did this about 3 years ago on all their vans to reduce the amount of accidents happening. It was such a success they implemented it across all their fleet range Also, top choice on colour. (ive got the same - in my signature below this)
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/06 12:45 AM Posted 09/06/06 12:45 AM HmmmI use the Auto headlight switch in my BFT - in fact it has barely moved from that position since I bought the car.The lights come on when its dark, and turn off when it's light (daylight).They stay on for around 15sec after you turn off the car.←15 seconds??? mine stay on for almost a minute.
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/06/06 01:16 AM Posted 09/06/06 01:16 AM I found out that my lights will always be on. It is a kit that is installed on all Telstra fleet cars, kind of like a motorbike, as a safety thing.... ←Ahh, I could have told you that if I knew you were a telstra worker.They did this about 3 years ago on all their vans to reduce the amount of accidents happening. It was such a success they implemented it across all their fleet range Also, top choice on colour. (ive got the same - in my signature below this)←Not just Telstra, you will find more and more as some companys have it as a OHS issue now.Once had a dealer try and rip one out as he thought it was a fault!!! let's just say he was quite substantially out of pocket for the repairs!! Chooka
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now