Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 08/06/06 05:44 AM Posted 08/06/06 05:44 AM I think ASE use Adrad cores..←Have you confirmed this with them or is it a guess?
Process West Member 248 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong NSW Posted 08/06/06 05:59 AM Posted 08/06/06 05:59 AM I think ASE use Adrad cores..←Have you confirmed this with them or is it a guess?←I said "I think".Looking at pics of their products it looks like Adrad core.Kevin
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Posted 08/06/06 07:35 AM Posted 08/06/06 07:35 AM Yeah I'm pretty sure they use an ADRAD core!
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 29d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 08/06/06 07:45 AM Posted 08/06/06 07:45 AM So have you got any ideas what your kits will be going for? Will they be cooler only or wtih a full plumbing kit aswell? How long are you estimating before you have some pics for us?Chris
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Location: Canberra Posted 08/06/06 07:55 AM Posted 08/06/06 07:55 AM ASE do use Adrad cores. My cooler came in an adrad box, and I'm pretty sure I remember Dave mentioning adrad during one of our conversations. Great thread! I too love the look of a cooler in the centre.. but at the time I didn't have the time, patience or money to bother with this set up and changing the plumbing.
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 08/06/06 08:12 AM Posted 08/06/06 08:12 AM My hyperflow cooler sits right in the guts. Was a lot of work getting it there though.Some may work better, but im yet to see one better made than the Hyperflow.Check this out-Intercooler installAnd a pic of Comparison
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 19d Posted 08/06/06 08:17 AM Posted 08/06/06 08:17 AM Processwest, curious as to why inlet on a intercooler makes no difference as to efficneicy of using the whole intercooler core, I know with plenum chamber design that it is improper to run a throttle body parralell to inlet runners on a boosted engine due to the fact that you will run more air through the runners that are inline with the t/body as apposed to the runners that aint, I have read many publications from recognised authorities in the automotive industry that the same can be said for intercooler end tank design hence supporting the fact that inlet outlet placement is an important aspect of design. U say that this is not an issue whys that? im interested to know the test results on this issue also? when will you be updating your web page to include this new intercooler of yours for an xr6t as I would like to see pics ectCheers Adam
stedz101 Member 75 Member For: 22y 6d Posted 08/06/06 03:24 PM Posted 08/06/06 03:24 PM My hyperflow cooler sits right in the guts. Was a lot of work getting it there though.Some may work better, but im yet to see one better made than the Hyperflow.Check this out-Intercooler installAnd a pic of Comparison←The hyperslow intercoolers look sh*t, with core rows going up and down. Worse than that is the entire core sits behind the bar support and only the end tanks get air flow. talk about a lack of thermal efficiency.
Guest Guests Posted 08/06/06 11:12 PM Posted 08/06/06 11:12 PM Its a shame that only 5% of people do it right. As I said in a another thread its not hard to do an upgrade intercooler for T. Making it look right at the front of car is another thing. The front end of the T is pleasant looking. I dont understand why guys spoil it by installing a big intercooler that doesnt sit in the centre of the front end. My new kit sits in the centre and is symmetrical...it looks right.Kevin←what are you doing with the condenser I have made new air cond plumbing but tha gets expensive!!!
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 09/06/06 07:37 AM Posted 09/06/06 07:37 AM The hyperslow intercoolers look sh*t, with core rows going up and down. Worse than that is the entire core sits behind the bar support and only the end tanks get air flow. talk about a lack of thermal efficiency.Gee, Thanks buddy!The problem with the core sitting behind the front bar support is the same for every one. What I lose in height, I gain from more of the rows going out to the full width (As far as the air con allows anyway!) theres plenty of depth with a 100mm thick core too.The bottom tank is pretty well down (actually touching) in the lower section of the front bumper, so its not really in the road. See for yourself,Anyway, 3 back to back dyno runs gets only around 5 rwkw of difference, its more than enought for a streetable XR6T. Im not doubting there are better ones out there, but its not as bad as you make it sound.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now