Guest Guests Posted 31/05/06 12:02 PM Posted 31/05/06 12:02 PM looking at Braided kits for my XR anyone used these kits?How much are they cos ebay's got em for $44.Any thing to keep in mind when fitting?
Master G Legacy Donating Member 511 Member For: 22y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 01/06/06 01:24 AM Posted 01/06/06 01:24 AM Greg,Looking at doing the same thing but not going to touch the Ebay specials, partly as most of that stuff is plain crap and also as I can't say I am mechanically minded. I will let you know who is doing mine when I get the details its being arranged early next week.Good to catchup at the Titans day, the Nos mobile is top notch RegardsM G
Guest Guests Posted 02/06/06 06:38 AM Posted 02/06/06 06:38 AM Ive spent the last couple of days polishing my other upper inlet manifold, its coming along well let me know how you go with the braiding.There must be others around here who have done braiding.
Phoon Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 20y 9m 6d Gender: Male Posted 02/06/06 07:25 AM Posted 02/06/06 07:25 AM Ive seen the $44 braided hoses and they are actually just cheap sleeves. I have seen them on an xr6 and they look absolutely disgusting. Dont buy them unless you want to be totally embarassed every time you open your bonnet. True braided hoses not only look the goods, they actually have a purpose.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/06/06 08:10 AM Posted 02/06/06 08:10 AM Ive spent the last couple of days polishing my other upper inlet manifold, its coming along well let me know how you go with the braiding.There must be others around here who have done braiding.←I installed braided lines as part of the PBR upgrade on my car about 18 months ago, and the pedal feel improved quite a bit, much harder after the lines were installed Make sure you get good quality ADR approved lines, as you don't want to go 'cheap' on your stoppers
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Posted 02/06/06 02:01 PM Posted 02/06/06 02:01 PM I think PBR sell the braided lines as a kit
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/06/06 09:56 PM Posted 02/06/06 09:56 PM I think NOS is referring to under bonnet braiding for hoses like the radiator ones.You can buy braided sleeves to cover hoses and give you the under bonnet bling blink everyone needs
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Posted 05/06/06 02:12 PM Posted 05/06/06 02:12 PM I think NOS is referring to under bonnet braiding for hoses like the radiator ones.You can buy braided sleeves to cover hoses and give you the under bonnet bling blink everyone needs ← The sleeves can look realy cheap
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 05/06/06 03:08 PM Posted 05/06/06 03:08 PM gay
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 20/08/06 09:52 AM Posted 20/08/06 09:52 AM I think NOS is referring to under bonnet braiding for hoses like the radiator ones.You can buy braided sleeves to cover hoses and give you the under bonnet bling blink everyone needs ←Jim Demerov in Wollongong does a pretty good job braiding hoses, you supply him the hose and he braids it, he actually glues the braids not like a sleeve which looks crap this stuff is nice and durable. Very expensive though $300 for my raidiator hoses on my 5 Litre when I had it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now