Shermanator2 Member 60 Member For: 20y 8m 6d Posted 27/05/06 01:16 AM Posted 27/05/06 01:16 AM (edited) Something which I had in my VX Calais was this option that when I accidently left the lights on I can lock the doors via the remote and the lights switched itself off. Vice Versa if I was coming to the car and unlocked the doors via the remote- the cars headlights came on as an added safety feature. I am sure on subsequent BF XR6 models this feature came out. I was wonderding if I could add this feature into my BA? The reason why I ask is- I was at Springvale today and forgot to turn off the lights even though the little chime was going. Upon coming back my battery was flat requiring a jump start. So anybody know or who has added this feature on?? Costs?? Edited 27/05/06 01:17 AM by Shermanator2
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 27/05/06 01:28 AM Posted 27/05/06 01:28 AM Something which I had in my VX Calais was this option that when I accidently left the lights on I can lock the doors via the remote and the lights switched itself off. Vice Versa if I was coming to the car and unlocked the doors via the remote- the cars headlights came on as an added safety feature. I am sure on subsequent BF XR6 models this feature came out. I was wonderding if I could add this feature into my BA? The reason why I ask is- I was at Springvale today and forgot to turn off the lights even though the little chime was going. Upon coming back my battery was flat requiring a jump start. So anybody know or who has added this feature on?? Costs??←Ive done the same thing too. My last car which was a VT commy Aclaim would turn its lights off.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 27/05/06 01:30 AM Posted 27/05/06 01:30 AM Mk2 cars come with auto lights on/off. So... some part swapping might get you there. The indicator switch for a start - and not sure what else, would imagine some code in the computer that controls the body systems?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/05/06 03:28 AM Posted 27/05/06 03:28 AM The auto lights on/off are a feature on BA's with luxury pack and all BF's. It does not work the same way as commiedoors, you must have Auto selected on the headlight switch and it will only turn the lights on/off when its dark. The headlights will not turn off with the door locking, but turn off 15 sec after the ignition is turned off. They will also not turn on on unlocking.There is a lights on feature that will always have the headlights on when the car is running, it is used in all Telstra vehicles. I would not bother retro fitting the auto lights feature as you need a dashtop sensor and different indicator stalk.I was also lead to believe that the lights would turn off to save the battery, I know my interior lights turn off after about 30 minutes.
spoonage Long Member Member 169 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 27/05/06 03:41 AM Posted 27/05/06 03:41 AM The auto lights on/off are a feature on BA's with luxury pack and all BF's. It does not work the same way as commiedoors, you must have Auto selected on the headlight switch and it will only turn the lights on/off when its dark. The headlights will not turn off with the door locking, but turn off 15 sec after the ignition is turned off. They will also not turn on on unlocking.There is a lights on feature that will always have the headlights on when the car is running, it is used in all Telstra vehicles. I would not bother retro fitting the auto lights feature as you need a dashtop sensor and different indicator stalk.I was also lead to believe that the lights would turn off to save the battery, I know my interior lights turn off after about 30 minutes.←The stereo turns itself off after a while too if the car is off.
Shermanator2 Member 60 Member For: 20y 8m 6d Posted 27/05/06 03:42 AM Author Posted 27/05/06 03:42 AM (edited) Yeah nup ZAP F6 I had the exact same setup on my VX Calais and it was great. Anyway I just came back after a good 20 minute drive, Damn I love this car, I love how it drives, it has to be up their with the european cars driveabilty and the fast pickup and all to the tune of the music from THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS only the best way to drive !! Fords little idiosyncracies are they only thing that lets it down (aka the seat issue). Edited 27/05/06 03:43 AM by Shermanator2
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 02:24 AM Posted 29/05/06 02:24 AM The stereo turns itself off after a while too if the car is off.←1 hour
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 25d Posted 29/05/06 02:46 AM Posted 29/05/06 02:46 AM Or when the battery is dead...
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 29/05/06 03:33 AM Posted 29/05/06 03:33 AM ... or stolen
spoonage Long Member Member 169 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 29/05/06 07:06 AM Posted 29/05/06 07:06 AM ... or burnt to the ground
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now