Auto Lights Off Feature Fitment

Shermanator2

• Member For: 18y 2m 1d

Something which I had in my VX Calais was this option that when I accidently left the lights on I can lock the doors via the remote and the lights switched itself off. Vice Versa if I was coming to the car and unlocked the doors via the remote- the cars headlights came on as an added safety feature. I am sure on subsequent BF XR6 models this feature came out. I was wonderding if I could add this feature into my BA? The reason why I ask is- I was at Springvale today and forgot to turn off the lights even though the little chime was going. Upon coming back my battery was flat requiring a jump start. So anybody know or who has added this feature on?? Costs??

Edited by Shermanator2

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d
Something which I had in my VX Calais was this option that when I accidently left the lights on I can lock the doors via the remote and the lights switched itself off.  Vice Versa if I was coming to the car and unlocked the doors via the remote- the cars headlights came on as an added safety feature. I am sure on subsequent BF XR6 models this feature came out.  I was wonderding if I could add this feature into my BA?  The reason why I ask is- I was at Springvale today and forgot to turn off the lights even though the little chime was going. Upon coming back my battery was flat requiring a jump start.  So anybody know or who has added this feature on?? Costs??

Ive done the same thing too. :spoton: My last car which was a VT commy Aclaim would turn its lights off. :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 5d

Mk2 cars come with auto lights on/off. So... some part swapping might get you there. The indicator switch for a start - and not sure what else, would imagine some code in the computer that controls the body systems?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

The auto lights on/off are a feature on BA's with luxury pack and all BF's. It does not work the same way as commiedoors, you must have Auto selected on the headlight switch and it will only turn the lights on/off when its dark. The headlights will not turn off with the door locking, but turn off 15 sec after the ignition is turned off. They will also not turn on on unlocking.

There is a lights on feature that will always have the headlights on when the car is running, it is used in all Telstra vehicles.

I would not bother retro fitting the auto lights feature as you need a dashtop sensor and different indicator stalk.

I was also lead to believe that the lights would turn off to save the battery, I know my interior lights turn off after about 30 minutes.

• Long Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 11d
The auto lights on/off are a feature on BA's with luxury pack and all BF's.  It does not work the same way as commiedoors, you must have Auto selected on the headlight switch and it will only turn the lights on/off when its dark.  The headlights will not turn off with the door locking, but turn off 15 sec after the ignition is turned off. They will also not turn on on unlocking.

There is a lights on feature that will always have the headlights on when the car is running, it is used in all Telstra vehicles. 

I would not bother retro fitting the auto lights feature as you need a dashtop sensor and different indicator stalk.

I was also lead to believe that the lights would turn off to save the battery, I know my interior lights turn off after about 30 minutes.

The stereo turns itself off after a while too if the car is off.

• Member For: 18y 2m 1d

Yeah nup ZAP F6 I had the exact same setup on my VX Calais and it was great. Anyway I just came back after a good 20 minute drive, Damn I love this car, I love how it drives, it has to be up their with the european cars driveabilty and the fast pickup and all to the tune of the music from THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS only the best way to drive :spoton: !! Fords little idiosyncracies are they only thing that lets it down (aka the seat issue).

Edited by Shermanator2