xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 21/05/06 02:31 AM Posted 21/05/06 02:31 AM Cheers Lads,The time required is 14.3.I wanted higher but my mate wanted 14.1 so we agreed in between.So I will need some tips from experienced auto dragers.Whats with the traction control..off?...on?Havent heard of the handbrake one?Manual mode or let the 6 speed do its work?Where can I do do this...Willowbank?When are green people like me allowed on this track? If at all?If we a having a book your time selection will have to be 2 decimal points.I'll start with the first bet .........14.29The winner should donate a certain amount to this forum...bring it on Johno←I dont think you will have any trouble beating a 14.3 johno. Traction control on (didnt know the new utes had it either)Havnt tried the handbrake idea yetLeave auto in performance mode and let it do the workLet some air out of tyres (around 24psi should do the trick) stall her up to 2000revs a bit more if you can and away you go!Yes mate, willowbank is the closest for you and you can go on most wednesday and saturday nights when they have a test and tune (check their website)Let me know when you go and hopefully im able come along for a look. And finally I reckon for first time out a 14.15 would be closeShane
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 21/05/06 04:24 AM Author Posted 21/05/06 04:24 AM What a great website http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/Good info and tips. Cheaper than I thought - $36Date will be Sat 3rd JuneBets so farShockXR6T - 14.29xr6t ute - 14.15
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 21/05/06 07:56 AM Posted 21/05/06 07:56 AM Give me a ring, I'll tell you what to do and you'll run a 13.95@101mphGeea.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 21/05/06 08:07 AM Author Posted 21/05/06 08:07 AM Cheers Geea, Would luv to learn from the bestHad a bit of a cut out prob today between first and second??????Any ideasBets so farShockXR6T - 14.29xr6t ute - 14.15 Geea - 13.95
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 2d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 21/05/06 08:27 AM Posted 21/05/06 08:27 AM 14.05
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 21/05/06 08:29 AM Author Posted 21/05/06 08:29 AM (edited) Bets so farShockXR6T - 14.29bangm001 - 14.10muzza - 13.90xr6t ute - 14.15 Geea - 13.95 Blonk - 14.05 Edited 21/05/06 08:35 AM by SHOCKXR6T
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/05/06 10:05 AM Posted 21/05/06 10:05 AM Let me know when you are going, I will come along. As far as the time I have no idea. I take it you are going to go by the best time. So first run I reckon 15.3, nerves and over enthusiasm, then a best of 14.00.Scotty
Johnny G Team Grandpa Qualified Legacy Donating Member 809 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North. Posted 21/05/06 10:19 AM Posted 21/05/06 10:19 AM hey Shock - your "problem" between first and second will be the cutout after you redlined it.... goes very quiet doesn't it?
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 21/05/06 11:26 AM Author Posted 21/05/06 11:26 AM Bets so farShockXR6T - 14.29bangm001 - 14.10muzza - 13.90xr6t ute - 14.15 Geea - 13.95 Blonk - 14.05Scotty - 14.00
FSIX Member 566 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Posted 21/05/06 02:32 PM Posted 21/05/06 02:32 PM Bets so farShockXR6T - 14.29bangm001 - 14.10muzza - 13.90xr6t ute - 14.15 Geea - 13.95 Blonk - 14.05Scotty - 14.00←Stall it in 2nd a very quick flick back to 1st, and take off, if you master this without the auto going back into 1st on its own it can make .200 to .300 difference.weather well play a big part and temps under the bonnet.my guess is 13.87.Get csv_ls1 to drive he is a freak with these 6 speed auto's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now