jaylo Member 11 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 19/05/06 01:21 AM Posted 19/05/06 01:21 AM I just brought my 03 xrt awsome fun just fitting up avo front mount cooler kit just wondering if anyone has put one in and do you have to trim bar iron to fit?
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 19/05/06 02:10 AM Posted 19/05/06 02:10 AM I just brought my 03 xrt awsome fun just fitting up avo front mount cooler kit just wondering if anyone has put one in and do you have to trim bar iron to fit?I haven't seen anyone fit one of the AVO intercooler kits but has the car been edited? If it isn't then you may find that with the fitting of the intercooler it will cause the car to go in to limp mode...Can anyone else shed some further light on it?Jack
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 19/05/06 03:19 AM Posted 19/05/06 03:19 AM Welcome to the site mate.There are better options to do b4 you upgrade the IC. The Ford standard Intercooler can handle up to 300rwkw's just keep that in mind. You might want to look at getting the Edit - by far best bang for ya buck!Good luck mate.Rob...
jaylo Member 11 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 19/05/06 05:39 AM Author Posted 19/05/06 05:39 AM okay no prob where do I get the edit I live in frankston and how much roughly
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Posted 19/05/06 05:45 AM Posted 19/05/06 05:45 AM (edited) okay no prob where do I get the edit I live in frankston and how much roughly←You can try buying it off members who are selling there units second hand for approx $600 or a brand new one for $995 and then its advised to get a custom tune. Since you live in Frankston HPF I think would be the closest and one of the best. So with the unit brand new and custom tun would set you back around $1500 mark.It should put her somewhere north of 240 rwkw.Nesh Edited 19/05/06 05:48 AM by nesh
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/05/06 05:51 AM Posted 19/05/06 05:51 AM Whatever u do dont put the intercooler on without edit! YOur car will go slower!!!!!!!
jaylo Member 11 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 19/05/06 05:55 AM Author Posted 19/05/06 05:55 AM ok ill get edit first
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/05/06 05:58 AM Posted 19/05/06 05:58 AM Whatever u do dont put the intercooler on without edit! YOur car will go slower!!!!!!!←Just to clarify this a bit...When you get the edit custom tuned get the intercooler fitted prior to the tuning. That way both will work fine together.
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 19/05/06 06:10 AM Posted 19/05/06 06:10 AM okay no prob where do I get the edit I live in frankston and how much roughlyIn Melbourne you have a couple of choices...You have Horse Power Factory who are located in Dandenong and can be found here and Nizpro who are located in Bayswater and they can be found here...I strongly recommend speaking to both places and discussing your goals with the car and then going with whoever you feel most comfortable with For the record I have had Nizpro tune my car (with further mods being done in just over a week) and feel they are excellent, but you will get the same answer from the Horse Power Factory customers as well... the decision is up to you... which ever way you go you will be over the moon with the result, and will want more power... it's so addictive.Jack
jaylo Member 11 Member For: 20y 4m 21d Posted 19/05/06 06:22 AM Author Posted 19/05/06 06:22 AM ok no prob thanks for all your help
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now