Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m
Posted

hi I just bought me a gauge holder and boost and water temp gauges water temp wasn't on the list I just looked at so I guess ill not be usin that.. I actually pik them up tomorrow

how would I get my hands on a radar detector?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, W.A.
Posted

My first post for ages.

I've just installed the twin gauge pod bought from Miss Aly on ebay. I'm happy with the product and would guess it's about 90% close to original looking. Takes a little bit of fiddling around with the velcro, trimming knife and foam spacers to get the unit to fit flush with the dash. I'm waiting for boost and water temperature gauges to arrive ... also from ebay (Hong Kong I think). I found some with black faces and blue led backlighting. I can post some photos after installation for any one that is interested.

A word of warning though ... I cracked the original panel during removal as some of the glue from the dash had adhered to the plastic. It was difficult to get out and when it finally did give it went ... crack!! I imagine the original costs a small fortune.

cheers,

Scott

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
My first post for ages.

I've just installed the twin gauge pod bought from Miss Aly on ebay. I'm happy with the product and would guess it's about 90% close to original looking. Takes a little bit of fiddling around with the velcro, trimming knife and foam spacers to get the unit to fit flush with the dash. I'm waiting for boost and water temperature gauges to arrive ... also from ebay (Hong Kong I think). I found some with black faces and blue led backlighting. I can post some photos after installation for any one that is interested.

A word of warning though ... I cracked the original panel during removal as some of the glue from the dash had adhered to the plastic. It was difficult to get out and when it finally did give it went ... crack!! I imagine the original costs a small fortune.

cheers,

Scott

The easiest way to remove the original is as follows:

Get 2 butter knives, insert blades of knives at the back of the panel, (they have to be removed by lifting from the back) one at each end about 50mm in from each end. Gently push the butter knives towards the window to lift the panel out of its clips and you're done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...