richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 12/10/02 04:01 PM Posted 12/10/02 04:01 PM So this evening I'm sitting at home with the missus who is just about to drop the latest addition to the family. I get called out to work which takes about an hour so do I rush straight home afterwards? NO! I go cruising the local Ford dealers to see whats on the floor. Doncaster - Red turbo, Ringwood - White N/A.Do I need help?
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 12/10/02 11:24 PM Posted 12/10/02 11:24 PM I went to pick my missus up from work yesterday.. I said do you want to go for lunch? or do something? she said yeh whatever we will do something.. You know what I ended up doing.. Drove straight to City Ford to see if they had a XR6 Turbo on the floor.. She wasn't impressed.... :lol:
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 13/10/02 12:42 AM Author Posted 13/10/02 12:42 AM Yeah know what you mean...I draged the little lady and 3y.o. to a few dealers a week or so ago...needless to say the dealers thought I ws just a tyre kicker with that sort of baggage! I'll use any excuse to check out the BA XR6 and try to spot a turbo.
turbo_nick some guy... Member 277 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Posted 13/10/02 04:55 PM Posted 13/10/02 04:55 PM I did something similar after picking up a friend who just spend 6hrs trying to fly back from Brisbane.me: kell, do you wanna go to brad garlic's and check out the Barra?kell: ok!no XR6 turbos though... :( just XTs
Guest blackout Guests Posted 14/10/02 12:26 AM Posted 14/10/02 12:26 AM im obsessed too! I cant get enough of reading any information I can get about the new barra's. not particularly the falcons/fairmonts but more so the xr series and eventually the GT. cant wait until fpv puts everything gt on their site. that will be a good half hour or so that I wont regret. :lol: :lol: :lol: and what better, I was happy to read the comparo of the SS Late model camira and the XR6turbo and happy to read that overall the xr6t came out winning. the downfall was that the xr6 was a tenth of a second slower, but that can be overcome by doing a few mods to your engine, and you'll be fast enough to say g'day to that evil clubby that now looks more uglier than evil.kudos holden, we ford men need this!
Guest DZ. Guests Posted 14/10/02 11:35 PM Posted 14/10/02 11:35 PM and what better, I was happy to read the comparo of the SS Late model camira and the XR6turbo and happy to read that overall the xr6t came out winning. the downfall was that the xr6 was a tenth of a second slower I think there's way too much emphasis on that tenth of a second. The difference is that close that it's going to come down to the drivers in the car and let's face it - on a windy road where I'm sure we love driving the XR6Turbo would leave the SS in its wake. There's more to a good car than straight line speed - I think Ford understand this fairly well because they've put a lot of emphasis on making sure there's a good deal of torque at low RPM rather than outright power in all of their engines.
Guest blackout Guests Posted 15/10/02 01:11 AM Posted 15/10/02 01:11 AM yeah, for sure hey. and that as well, spend a few dollars on modding the engine a bit and you'll have the xr6t 10 cars in front of the ss anyway.can't get enough of this, really. :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now