tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/06 09:52 AM Posted 24/04/06 09:52 AM lol....nothing but admiration for a man that takes the piss out of himself
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 12d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 24/04/06 11:21 PM Posted 24/04/06 11:21 PM Yeah just practice. With the downshifts just be aware of where the revs end up from say 3rd to 2nd. You'll probably see it rise to 2000 or 3000 rpm depending on speed (I think). Your still feeling the jolt because your road speed is not matching your gear speed. To fix that up try blipping the throttle with your right foot whilst clutching in with your left and see if you can get the revs to where the 3rd to 2nd gear revs ended up, say 2000rpm. Then release the clutch and you should get a seamless downchange with no jolting. Try this on a straight backroad with few or no cars. If u can get the hang of this you can try the heel toe technique which is used to brake and turn into corners. practice.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 25/04/06 12:19 AM Posted 25/04/06 12:19 AM dont feel like an idiot! I bought my FPV Typhoon and had never driven manual before! Yes a newbie manual driver! it doesnt take long to pick it up, now love manual over auto!←Chris , in NSW are you allowed to drive a manual even if you sat an auto licence ??When I took my test in QLD years ago you took a manual test otherwise it was Auto only for you ←They had a licensing system back then?I'd hate to learn in a modern manual with the drive by wire gizmo - there'd be quite a few traffic light stalls. But if it's someone else's car (hi Shazz) then don't even worry about that pedal on the left ←Oh NOICE one Tabitha................. practice and tons of itshaz
tsammons Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 25/04/06 11:13 AM Posted 25/04/06 11:13 AM Tip from a ten year manual driver1. Push accelerator pedal to floor2. Step off clutch3. Enjoy
INPURSUIT Fastest Taxi In Melbourne Legacy Donating Member 701 Member For: 20y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/04/06 12:51 PM Author Posted 25/04/06 12:51 PM Tip from a ten year manual driver1. Push accelerator pedal to floor2. Step off clutch3. Enjoy←ill be doing plenty of that when I get sh*t back tyres
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 3d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/06 04:41 AM Posted 26/04/06 04:41 AM Only advice I can give is be positive, smooth and drive to the sound of the engine, I used to drive trucks with anything up to 18 gears and found that the more I concentrated on changing the gears the worse things got.In the end I just relaxed and drove the machines and it just came right, if you try to hard things will get worse. that's my experience anyway.I have a 6 speed manual GT and love it. I had an SSS Turbo which was great but I just love the manual gearboxes.A lot of drive line shunt occurs when people change gears going to slow or drivers who are rough
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 26/04/06 06:35 AM Posted 26/04/06 06:35 AM Like others have said it's a practice thing... Before to long you'll get it, and as others have said try not to think about it to much, whilst that's easier said than done when your learning, you'll realise one day that you've got gear changes down pat and you haven't even noticed it.I also found it was easier to learn on a smaller car first (ligher clutch \ gears) and then switch to the heavier car, so find an instructor and use their car to practice on.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 26/04/06 07:11 AM Posted 26/04/06 07:11 AM You're in Melbourne so if you're anywhere near Chadstone I'll gladly catch up with you sometime and help a little. There will be lots of guys from different parts of town who should be able to go for a drive with you and help.Geea.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 26/04/06 09:06 AM Posted 26/04/06 09:06 AM I also found it was easier to learn on a smaller car first (ligher clutch \ gears) and then switch to the heavier car, so find an instructor and use their car to practice on.←Mate with the set up of the Phoon they are a bloody easy manual to drive, the clutch is pretty damned light. Had been driving auto'sonly for 15+ years and found it a piece of pud
BALLBREAKER Member 427 Member For: 21y 3m 19d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/06 09:39 AM Posted 26/04/06 09:39 AM You're in Melbourne so if you're anywhere near Chadstone I'll gladly catch up with you sometime and help a little. There will be lots of guys from different parts of town who should be able to go for a drive with you and help.Geea. ←Nice gay Criag,, after taking him for a driive in his manual T,,, Take him for a drive in your BEAST iam pretty sure after he will be say F___K,,y didnt I buy an auto.LOL
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now