Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/04/06 12:17 AM Posted 19/04/06 12:17 AM (edited) My BF is only 3 weeks old yesterday and im having some quality issues. All are interior at this stage and it was the biggest concern I had before buying one. Probably why it took me so long to get one.The Issues at 3 weeks are:1. Rear tail light cracking (inside the lens)2. Rear tail light peeling (the other side)3. Door seals on back passenger door hanging down towards the side skirts4. Interior trim on the roof not overlapping and leaving gaps (everywhere)5. All 4 metal inserts in door handles falling out (New on BF)6. Steering wheel vibration at 140kph and beyond7. Clunking sound under firm cornering in the rear end (I think)So far, mechanically, its going great and doing more then I expected.First trip to ford is tomorrow for warranty work at 1800KMSHope that's it. Edited 19/04/06 12:18 AM by Bionic XR6
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Location: leonay Posted 19/04/06 12:46 AM Posted 19/04/06 12:46 AM (edited) My BF is only 3 weeks old yesterday and im having some quality issues. All are interior at this stage and it was the biggest concern I had before buying one. Probably why it took me so long to get one.The Issues at 3 weeks are:1. Rear tail light cracking (inside the lens)2. Rear tail light peeling (the other side)3. Door seals on back passenger door hanging down towards the side skirts4. Interior trim on the roof not overlapping and leaving gaps (everywhere)5. All 4 metal inserts in door handles falling out (New on BF)6. Steering wheel vibration at 140kph and beyond7. Clunking sound under firm cornering in the rear end (I think)So far, mechanically, its going great and doing more then I expected.First trip to ford is tomorrow for warranty work at 1800KMSHope that's it.←good luck getting ford to fix number 6. Edited 19/04/06 12:46 AM by drcook
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 19/04/06 12:48 AM Author Posted 19/04/06 12:48 AM Im thinking its just a wheel balance and one of the weights has come off during shipping to NSW. Its done it from day one.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 5d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 19/04/06 12:57 AM Posted 19/04/06 12:57 AM Good luck with getting it all sorted, unfortunatley "Quality Ford" is an oxymoron, l wish that would change
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/04/06 01:37 AM Posted 19/04/06 01:37 AM Make sure if they give you ANY grief tell them you will be taking it to another dealer. They tend to pull their fingers out then.
Schmooth Member 105 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Location: Canberra Posted 19/04/06 02:16 AM Posted 19/04/06 02:16 AM Good luck with getting it all sorted, unfortunatley "Quality Ford" is an oxymoron, l wish that would change ←You can say that again! My wife loves driving the T (it's her car), but she has sworn to never buy another ford (our previous car was a series I AU Futura). She says that after all the warranty fixes (namely gearbox, replaced radiator and ICC, more rattles, squeaks and clunks than you can poke a stick it) we've endured in a 2 year old car that she is sick and tired of it all and can't wait for the lease to end to get something else.I'd love to step into a Typhoon (hoping that FPV vehicles have a higher quality), but I can't see myself convincing her of that after our experiences.
HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: Tasmania Posted 19/04/06 07:37 AM Posted 19/04/06 07:37 AM I have to say I am not real impressed with the quality of my BF either. My issue is with the quality of the panels. I have small dents that while admittedly only show up when the car is in the correct or unfavorable light. When this happens it isn't a good look. I am undecided as to what action I will be taking. Oh and mine is a BF GT-P. There is a chance that the fix might cause greater problems as matching rapid isn't the easiest thing to do thanks largely to the piss poor Ford paint quality.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 5d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 19/04/06 10:59 AM Posted 19/04/06 10:59 AM I have to say I am not real impressed with the quality of my BF either. My issue is with the quality of the panels. I have small dents that while admittedly only show up when the car is in the correct or unfavorable light. When this happens it isn't a good look. I am undecided as to what action I will be taking. Oh and mine is a BF GT-P. There is a chance that the fix might cause greater problems as matching rapid isn't the easiest thing to do thanks largely to the piss poor Ford paint quality.←G'day Ian,Do you mean the feint factory dints under the door handles they seem to include free with every BA/F at the factory? Fricken ridiculous that this goes on unaddressed, Ford are burning the die hard ford fans such as yourself with ongoing crap quality. How is the rest of the car, got any pics you can post up?Cheers Simon
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 2m 2d Posted 19/04/06 04:10 PM Posted 19/04/06 04:10 PM (edited) I think that's, the panel ripples around the door handle, its like the panels are wavy. I think its from opening the doors when you pull on the handle, its should't be like that, its noticable in the sun and on a side view of the car. Edited 19/04/06 04:12 PM by tur
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/04/06 05:36 PM Posted 19/04/06 05:36 PM Good luck on getting it all fixed. Let us know how you go. It might be worth your while to tell the dealer that you're on a few of the forums and that we're keen on the results. Geea.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now