Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

53 cents a litre in the US.... :spoton: septics :blink:

And LJH is blaming the price hikes at the moment on the weakening of the sh*tty aussie $$$ :fool:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Reading the sunday mail today they predict that prices could hit $3 a litre as early as next year. This would mean that we would be nearly paying $190 to fill up our tank and even more for the guys with the utes.

and you actually believe this??

people can barely afford to pay the cost of living as it is. its at a record level, $3 a litre for fuel? cmon...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 13d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

if fuel hits $2, I think alot of people will stop driving there cars on the weekend and only use them to get to work and back.

If it hit $3 I would get rid off the car.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d
  • Location: South East Suburbs
Posted
if fuel hits $2, I think alot of people will stop driving there cars on the weekend and only use them to get to work and back.

If it hit $3 I would get rid off the car.

If fuel gets to $3 a litre, no one will be buying petrol cars, unless someone else is paying for it. I know if it does I'll be on public transport or investing in a moped.

If fuel was to be that expensive can you imagine how that will affect the price of general living like groceries and off the shelf products :stirthepot:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 2d
  • Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra...
Posted

I think it's :beerchug: disgusting that we're paying so much now and yet oil companies (all of them) are reporting record profits at the same time - tell me that's not due to price fixing! :k24t:

I'd guess that if petrol hits $3 a litre most things will basically stop, also taxi's \ public transport won't really be the way to go as they will start costing record amounts to use.

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

harvyk

the price of virtually all commodities is going thru the roof at the moment, not just oil. zinc, iron ore, gold, nickel and oil...you name it.

The profits of any resource company are pretty good of late.

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

$3.00 a litre ??? :k24t:

The news report I heard was predicting $3 per gallon in the US.

Anyway, best thing to do if you're worried about fuel price is buy some shares in Caltex. ( or woodside, or any other bluechip oil producer or refiner)

lThe gains you'll make from the increase in share price will compensate your fuel bill.... make you feel real good that the money you're paying will be refunded in a dividend too... :beerchug:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 2d
  • Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra...
Posted

$3 per gallon would be an acceptible amount to pay, that would mean that they are paying roughly US70c per litre. Doing all the conversions (assuming a exchange rate of AU$1 = US70c) that would take it to around $1 a litre for us...

But honestly whilst I know we're been ripped off compared to the yanks, it's the brits that I'd feel sorry for. I remember hearing when we had just hit $1 per litre, they wherre paying the equivilent of $2 per litre and that was on a good day...

Edit: this is basing a gallon to be 4.546 litres, which I think it is however there seems to be different amounts quoted depending on the website I go to.

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted
if fuel hits $2, I think alot of people will stop driving there cars on the weekend and only use them to get to work and back.

If it hit $3 I would get rid off the car.

If fuel gets to $3 a litre, no one will be buying petrol cars, unless someone else is paying for it. I know if it does I'll be on public transport or investing in a moped.

If fuel was to be that expensive can you imagine how that will affect the price of general living like groceries and off the shelf products :laughing:

Utter rubbish. The net cost of fuel to the consumer has doubled in the last three years and driving habits have hardly changed at all. The general public and comics like the Courier Mail and the like are full of wind and never follow up their whinging with action.

This is more than a little surprising when you think that someone doing 20, 000km/year in a car that consumes on average 12l/100km would need to find another $75/fortnight in after tax dollars to fund the additional costs of that mileage if the price for fuel rose to $2/litre....which incidentally is what many of the oh so health conscious yuppies will willingly spend on bottled water for fear of dehydrating between the car park and the office!

Dingah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...