Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m
  • Location: Bay of Plenty, NZ
Posted

Hi Guys.

Been offered a BA I turbo Falcon 2004, with luxury pack.

Can anyone tell me the diference between the I and II BA.

This motor has low K's and one owner, sounds a minter. If I go for it I plan on doing some mild tuning ie:Zorst, airbox and chip it (or edit as you say down under, I think)

Any help would be great.

Cheers ...............muncher

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

BA Mk 2 has a few differences, the big one being the availability of the 6 speed manual. They also have better valve springs, centre arm rest in rear seat, I'm sure there are a few other differences but I cant think of them.

Dont worry, both come with driveline clunk as standard :crybaby:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 20d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

if you are going to mod it series 1 brakes and valve springs being the first things.There was talk of th mk1`s being a bit quicker than the mk2`s but if you wack th edit on won`t make a difference which one you get.

Series2 got better valve springs ,how much better is debateable depending on kw`s you want you may still need to change.Got armrest in middle of back seat,lost the lid that closed over the drink holder,auto lheadlights off.And a few more things nothing special but I am hungry gotta eat,Mk1 will probably be a bit cheaper to buy obviously.

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Mk II got better 17" wheels/alloys.

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)
Mk II got better 17" wheels/alloys.

that's a matter of opinion

Got to be the Mk1 wheels for sure:spoton:

Edited by turbo00007
  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

MkII rims for me! :blink:

Did the MkII also get illuminated power windows switches??

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted (edited)

Yes - Mk2 got illuminated window switches, 'unique' mk2 badging, auto lights on/off, different wheels, valve springs, manuals are 6 speed, and some new colours.

I prefer the Mk2 17s - and in fact think they are better looking than all the 18s etc that have been options. They are so good - I wont be getting any aftermarket wheels.

The luxury pack is very nice (I have the seats only), you get the sports leather seats (leather and swede), dual zone climate control, and clock in place of an instrument pod, as well as the silver finish dash.

Have you had a look around for a second hand F6?

Edited by cobrav8
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m
  • Location: Bay of Plenty, NZ
Posted

Thanks again for the replies, will be test driving this weekend. The differences don't seem too bad.

Cobra I haven't looked into the F6, may do depending on how the test drive goes this weekend....................muncher

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...