jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/03/06 12:35 AM Posted 21/03/06 12:35 AM Hi guys/galsMy car is getting the metal cat fitted today.... however, I as hoping to make it a flange job... I have been told its not that simple with the stock dump and a 3.5" metal cat and it needs to be welded.... to the guys that have got cats fitted did you get it flanged?? or welded?? Is the $200 jobbie a weld job or is there is apossibility to flange direct onto the stock dump??.I need to get back to this guy shortly to say yes or no to the weld job, looking for a couple of quick responses.
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/03/06 12:38 AM Posted 21/03/06 12:38 AM (edited) Hi guys/galsMy car is getting the metal cat fitted today.... however, I as hoping to make it a flange job... I have been told its not that simple with the stock dump and a 3.5" metal cat and it needs to be welded.... to the guys that have got cats fitted did you get it flanged?? or welded?? Is the $200 jobbie a weld job or is there is apossibility to flange direct onto the stock dump??.I need to get back to this guy shortly to say yes or no to the weld job, looking for a couple of quick responses.flanging is the way to do it mate, dont let them tell you other wise, Its a 10 minute job to to add a flange, 200 sounds about right, All my jobs get flanges Edited 21/03/06 12:39 AM by Xtreme F6
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/03/06 12:40 AM Author Posted 21/03/06 12:40 AM Hi guys/galsMy car is getting the metal cat fitted today.... however, I as hoping to make it a flange job... I have been told its not that simple with the stock dump and a 3.5" metal cat and it needs to be welded.... to the guys that have got cats fitted did you get it flanged?? or welded?? Is the $200 jobbie a weld job or is there is apossibility to flange direct onto the stock dump??.I need to get back to this guy shortly to say yes or no to the weld job, looking for a couple of quick responses.flanging is the way to do it mate, dont let them tell you other wise, Its a 10 minute job to to add a flange, 200 sounds about right, All my jobs get flangesthanks heaps simon.... his spinning me some yarn and as I dont understand it its getting made out that it cant be flanged from the 3.5" cat to the stock dump. To weld it it would about $200.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/03/06 12:42 AM Posted 21/03/06 12:42 AM sometimes it's necessary to shave some of the fur....
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/03/06 12:49 AM Posted 21/03/06 12:49 AM sometimes it's necessary to shave some of the fur.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Nothing like a good flange job!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/03/06 01:06 AM Author Posted 21/03/06 01:06 AM ok, rang the bloke... made a little bit more sense now as he explained it better. He said that you cant flange it as the stock dump is a single in and a twin out, where as the new cat is a single in and single out... he said that we need to modify the factory dump to do this and use a merge collector... I advised that I wanted the cat to be removable so I could change it if need be... but he said the stock cat cant go back in anyway as it is welded. $200 seems a bit dear to just weld though.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/03/06 01:17 AM Author Posted 21/03/06 01:17 AM ok, had to pull the car out... was going to cost a bit too much to get it done... so am now doing everything except the dump until I get a couple hundred bucks more to do it
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/03/06 01:26 AM Posted 21/03/06 01:26 AM I thought the split was after the cat (and hence after the dump pipe)Replacing the cat should be as simple as chopping the old one off and flanging the new one in place.I could be wrong but... might have a squizz.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/03/06 01:30 AM Author Posted 21/03/06 01:30 AM I thought the split was after the cat (and hence after the dump pipe)Replacing the cat should be as simple as chopping the old one off and flanging the new one in place.I could be wrong but... might have a squizz. please do... that's what I though too but appareatly its not.... If I wasnt forking out so much for other stuff on the car this week (clutch, new tune, injectors, 15K service etc)I would of been able to go ahead... but the extra couple of hundred on top of the original price will not allow me to do it today
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/03/06 01:34 AM Posted 21/03/06 01:34 AM Anyone got a picture of the stock setup?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now