Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Well, I had the car tuned at FIST again and they managed to get 241rwkw out of it. Well, it lasted all of 1 day and now as soon as I put my foot down and the car reaches the 4000rpm line, the engine starts to ping its *beep* off! WTF????

My mods are as follows:

K&N Filter

2nd CAI

Edit

Centre Muffler Removal

968 Injectors

Valve Springs

Shift Kit

I am only sitting at 241rwkw, I would have thought I would be fine at this stage.

Do I need to have it retuned? Do I sell it? I had better luck with my Hyundai!

Any suggestions would help.

Rob.

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 6d
  • Location: gold coast
Posted

Sounds like you need to go back and see the boys at fist I would have thought 241 was a little on the low side with the mods you mention could be a problem elsewhere maybe!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

sounds low for your mods... was there any reason given for the figures?? seems like your car wont play ball.... there has to be an underlying issue somewhere that we have not been told??

good luck in getting it sorted :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

what plugs are you running??

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 11d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

I see a trend here and it all leads to the same place...

Take your car elsewhere and see what they can do...if they get more power and better (Safe) results then we all know what the problem was.. if the same result is acheived then its your car....maybe it was built after a ford piss up at the factory..

Its worth a go..Bob Romano or Herrods maybe...The brock shop did almost as good with your car when it wqas standard with just an edit..

Its the only way you can narrow it down...

Maybe send your edit to WA and give it to Simon at Extreme hes done it B4

Dave

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Guys there is just one mod missing from this list that I can see as being a big problem with the end power figure. Unfortunatley when you retain the stock cat it will keep power down, when the tuner tries to wind up the power because the figure is down it can lead to pinging and a heat build up in the engine(gases cant get out). All of the mods done are pointless if the car cant breathe!.

Replace cat with a good one watch that figure jump up. minimum 15 to 20 rwkw's.

BUT get a retune after

hope that helps

Edited by Xtreme F6
  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 11d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted
Guys there is just one mod missing from this list that I can see as being a big problem with the end power figure. Unfortunatley when you retain the stock cat it will keep power down, when the tuner tries to wind up the power because the figure is down it can lead to pinging and a heat build up in the engine(gases cant get out). All of the mods done are pointless if the car cant breathe!.

Replace cat with a good one watch that figure jump up. minimum 15 to 20 rwkw's.

BUT get a retune after

hope that helps

see he knows his SHHIIITTT unlike some tools

Sorry had a few bourbans and cant believe that after all the $ and parts spent only at 240kw...

Dave

  • Mushroom
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: THORNLANDS, QLD
Posted
Guys there is just one mod missing from this list that I can see as being a big problem with the end power figure. Unfortunatley when you retain the stock cat it will keep power down, when the tuner tries to wind up the power because the figure is down it can lead to pinging and a heat build up in the engine(gases cant get out). All of the mods done are pointless if the car cant breathe!.

Replace cat with a good one watch that figure jump up. minimum 15 to 20 rwkw's.

BUT get a retune after

hope that helps

I said this to Rob in a PM on the weekend when he mentioned his mods and where he was hoping to get to.

Rob......change the fuggin cat FFS!!! :spoton::spoton:

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 11d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted
Guys there is just one mod missing from this list that I can see as being a big problem with the end power figure. Unfortunatley when you retain the stock cat it will keep power down, when the tuner tries to wind up the power because the figure is down it can lead to pinging and a heat build up in the engine(gases cant get out). All of the mods done are pointless if the car cant breathe!.

Replace cat with a good one watch that figure jump up. minimum 15 to 20 rwkw's.

BUT get a retune after

hope that helps

I said this to Rob in a PM on the weekend when he mentioned his mods and where he was hoping to get to.

Rob......change the fuggin cat FFS!!! :spoton::spoton:

How can a lot of other people get much more than 240 with alot less and standard cat then???

Im interested to know as im going down a similar path

Dave

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

I doubt the cat is the restriction at that power level. Simon himself has extracted 271rwkw from an xr6t with only 968's, nothing else, so case in point. I fail to see why he has now changed his modification criteria??

300rwkw untill cat replacement I thought was the general concesus??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...