xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/03/06 05:06 AM Posted 10/03/06 05:06 AM Jeff I had them on the ute running at 280 rwkw and I was quite happy them, I only changed them when I went up to 330rwkw as they couldn't cope, then again not much on the market can in a reasonable price range.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 10/03/06 05:41 AM Posted 10/03/06 05:41 AM Have 2 x 90% tread 235/40R18's Nangkang NSII's. Ya want them?Go wider, some members have 255's or 265's and the wider surface on the road would obviously help but 235/245? Hmmm. Nope. Good in the dry, add water and try staying in a straight line in a stock Tlol.I'm going to try the Marshal Silica's. Aparently great in the wet and an excellent tyre for cornering, price I'm paying, lol, why not, have to be better then the Nankangs.
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 10/03/06 05:52 AM Posted 10/03/06 05:52 AM I haven't been able to complain about them. I have 19's and the alternatives were $200 - $300 a tyre dearer...It was a no brainer for me...Chris
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/03/06 07:31 AM Posted 10/03/06 07:31 AM Dont like them in the wet
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 10/03/06 07:36 AM Author Posted 10/03/06 07:36 AM Dont like them in the wet<{POST_SNAPBACK}>But in the dry and compared to the Dunlops?
xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 10/03/06 08:07 AM Posted 10/03/06 08:07 AM in the dry a bit more road noise with the windows down. In the wet not to bad just dont push them and I reakon I'll get twice the life over the dunlops which were replaced at 16000kms. If ya just want them to get around town you cant go wrong and when you decide to put on a show you can feel comfortable that they didnt cost ya $500 a corner!
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/03/06 08:24 AM Posted 10/03/06 08:24 AM Dont like them in the wet<{POST_SNAPBACK}>But in the dry and compared to the Dunlops?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Straight line acceleration about the same as the dunlops, cornering I think a bit worse, under brakes also worse, noise is about the same as the dulops maybe a bit less and they will last longer than the dunlops I got 29k out of a set.Hope that helps
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 10/03/06 08:47 AM Posted 10/03/06 08:47 AM I have the Nankang NS2's235/40/18 on the front265/35/18 on the backI reckon they are great value, cheap to buy and good wearing. Gripwise they are still pretty good, but not as grippy as the Dunlops.Yet, I like them, cause theres nothing wrong with a bit of sideways action But then, I love driving in the rain too Clarke
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 30d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 10/03/06 09:24 AM Posted 10/03/06 09:24 AM A mate has a set of Nankang 18's on a RX3 that is quicker than most of our cars.He had the car at powercruise last week and turned the boost up to 20psi and he seemed pretty happy with how they gripped around Eastern Creek.Obviously with the power the car has it still lost traction but he got enough grip to chop Gary Myers in a run..
69ADY Member 85 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Location: Sunny Coast, Qld Posted 10/03/06 01:27 PM Posted 10/03/06 01:27 PM I got a set of NS2's as well.... I'll go along with the verdict.I had to replace a damaged (from a phurken large pothole!!! ) tyre 2 days ago, and the price was acceptable to me... $190 for 235/40/18.As far as I'm concerned.... for a family runner that does the occasional workout with me behind the wheel, they look great... grip great.... and are priced fair.Why pay bucket loads of $$$$ unless you are looking for ultimate performance from your tyres...... which all let go in the wet if you try hard enough anyway???I reckon you could do a lot worse mate..... Cheers Adrian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now