jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/03/06 10:16 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:16 AM wonder if there are other "edits" coming on the market soon.... and this is capas way of keeping the market share?? nothing wrong with that but could be a possibility.
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 08/03/06 10:16 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:16 AM for years people have had carby's on there cars, and dizzy's you can loosen and spin,and yes, some people did blow there cars up, but I know no one would have bought a holly that you could not change there jets, or adjust there idle hight, or adjust there air screws.but good tunners were still getting more out of motors,and people with dyno's still had customers.I think they will be able to give a 10% change either way with boost, timming and fuel, with out the owner seeing these tables, so there work can still be hidden.
poida97 Member 124 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Location: Bossley Park, NSW Posted 08/03/06 10:19 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:19 AM for years people have had carby's on there cars, and dizzy's you can loosen and spin,and yes, some people did blow there cars up, but I know no one would have bought a holly that you could not change there jets, or adjust there idle hight, or adjust there air screws.but good tunners were still getting more out of motors,and people with dyno's still had customers.I think they will be able to give a 10% change either way with boost, timming and fuel, with out the owner seeing these tables, so there work can still be hidden.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Couldn't agree more, but with the addition of the unit being locked to the one car.
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 9d Posted 08/03/06 10:27 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:27 AM I dont want to sell my T anymore.been waiting a long time for this.DIY can be very rewarding.it can also be dangerous.like kids playing with matches,some will get burnt.will the software be vin locked or flash tuner locked?can you change cars?estamate on cost?
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 08/03/06 10:43 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:43 AM I applaud your decision to release a 'restricted' software package.The main reason:. We still need experienced tuners to get the most out of our cars. This will never go away. But we will always like to 'tinker'The fact the dyno does not load a tune like the road does, and the pcm learns and adjusts it's tune over a period of a hundred kays or so is also a sore point. A nice tune may leave the dyno, but a small amout of pinging or overboosting when different environmental conditions are encountered will never go away, especially when 'hard tuned'. If the fact that us as consumers has enabled this to happen it reiterates my attitude towards giving tuners a hard time and 'keeping them honest'. If it has to do with keeping up with a new edit package that will be released shortly with an adjustable handpiece, then I applaud you again for staying in the front line and not slipping or letting perspective sales pass thru your fingers.It's a marketing game. You have just increased your market share. As a side note, you will make a few customers happier for choosing 'edit'.Well Done Where's the order form?????????
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/03/06 10:57 AM Posted 08/03/06 10:57 AM for years people have had carby's on there cars, and dizzy's you can loosen and spin,and yes, some people did blow there cars up, but I know no one would have bought a holly that you could not change there jets, or adjust there idle hight, or adjust there air screws.but good tunners were still getting more out of motors,and people with dyno's still had customers.I think they will be able to give a 10% change either way with boost, timming and fuel, with out the owner seeing these tables, so there work can still be hidden. the unit being locked to the one car.that would suckc... can you then unlock the software when you sell your car so that you can use it on your next car... or sell onto antoher T owner??
poida97 Member 124 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Location: Bossley Park, NSW Posted 08/03/06 11:10 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:10 AM I don't know- it was nothing more than a guess. Some sort of usage restriction wouldn't be too bad an idea, given it could achieve a few outcomes:- protecting the professionals (dealers) to some degree- increasing the number of personal packages sold, and as a result of that,- reducing the sale price of the personal units.Anthony
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 08/03/06 11:14 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:14 AM I think a few have missinterpeted my post, I am not syaing this can work, but the tuners who have worked the EDIT to the level it is now, along with thier customers need to be protected, that's all.I like to tinker with my car, but I think I will still buy the full version of the software.I am unsure about the "I own the tune cause I paid for it" line, yep you paid for it, it is flashed into your box for you to take home, but the tuner still owns the interlectual property of the tune, not you, you paid for it, but didnt create it, much like a CD or DVD, you can own a copy, but the creator owns the work, and the right to onsell their work, but you dont.I am not sure where we should sit on this one, but I know the hard working guys as listed above need to be protected, or we will all suffer the loss of thier tuning ability and development on these cars, so a few people can get cheap tunes, I dont agree with that.
Eugene Member 670 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 08/03/06 11:18 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:18 AM Seondly, I dont see this taking work away from tuners, as people phuck thier car and its tune up, get frustrated etc, they will take it to someone who knows what they are doing, and pay to have it tuned, corrctly.I dont do home dentistry, not because I cant, but because it hurts too much when you phuck up, same as tuning these things.OUCH, pass the Panadol.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 08/03/06 11:22 AM Posted 08/03/06 11:22 AM The idea is great. It now comes down to features and price:Ability to upload/download tunes to the flashbox. Clear codesA healthy list of tuning options Locking to VIN probably not necessary as the software won't work without cable/interface.Price:I guess that's up to CAPA.Interested? Hell yes! If the price is right.BTW, hats off to CAPA and Martin for coming to the market for feedback/suggestions on features BEFORE the product is finalised and released. Very refreshing to say the least!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now