mr unit Member 6 Member For: 20y 7m 9d Posted 27/02/06 10:11 AM Posted 27/02/06 10:11 AM Ok so im new here so be nice. So I am looking into buying a Typhoon.Have decided to go back to ford after playing v8s with holden.Went for a test drive of the new typhoon with auto and had a go of the Gt too.So The question is what are the differences with the BA mk2 and the Bf ??I have seen some great prices on new old stock BAmk2,s in 6 speed manual.and was thinking that this may be a good way to go but the newauto was very good.Im not in too much of a rush so maybe I should wait till the end of the year if there is anything new coming out I should wait for.Any comments welcome. Mr unit
Typhoon Member 564 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Posted 27/02/06 11:48 AM Posted 27/02/06 11:48 AM I cant see Ford or FPV doing any major updates to there current line up in the next 6 to 12 month. If you are intrested there are 3 BA F6 Typhoon run outs here in S.A for $48000 drive away one has 5 Kms on the clock.I had a look at them on Saturday and tell you what bargin of the decade almost $20000 off a new one.Tough car!
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 27/02/06 12:19 PM Posted 27/02/06 12:19 PM Ok so im new here so be nice. So I am looking into buying a Typhoon.Have decided to go back to ford after playing v8s with holden.Went for a test drive of the new typhoon with auto and had a go of the Gt too.So The question is what are the differences with the BA mk2 and the Bf ??I have seen some great prices on new old stock BAmk2,s in 6 speed manual.and was thinking that this may be a good way to go but the newauto was very good.Im not in too much of a rush so maybe I should wait till the end of the year if there is anything new coming out I should wait for.Any comments welcome. Mr unit<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you want a manual go for the MK11 BA Typhoon. If you prefer the best of both worlds go for an '05 plate BF Auto. You won't regret it.I paid $59,000 for mine.Big AL
mr unit Member 6 Member For: 20y 7m 9d Posted 28/02/06 02:38 AM Author Posted 28/02/06 02:38 AM [If you want a manual go for the MK11 BA Typhoon. If you prefer the best of both worlds go for an '05 plate BF Auto. You won't regret it.I paid $59,000 for mine.Big AL<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah I liked the auto but the price is a good 12000 difference for the ba mk2very good buying.Have allready talked to a dealer in SA and the have 3 but one had $5000 added.Was it a blue, black and orangy one that was for sale Typhoon????If so I have been talking to a guy from there about this.I would love to know if that was the drive away price on sat for only 48000 a bit better quoted than what I was. Maybe I can get it down to that.Mr unit
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/02/06 02:48 AM Posted 28/02/06 02:48 AM If you are after a manual, there is not enought difference to justify the BA to the BF if you can save that much on a BA runout.But (being biased here) an Auto F6 is the best choice you can get in one of these cars. The main differences between the BA and the BF are:Auto only in BFdifferent bodykitsBrembo's are standardMinor interior trim differencesEuro 3 compliance in BF onlyuummmm that's about it
mr unit Member 6 Member For: 20y 7m 9d Posted 28/02/06 05:58 AM Author Posted 28/02/06 05:58 AM Thanks for the help guysI think I want the BF and I will wait a while I have a feeling I should go the new auto.And if I can hold out for 6 months we will see how much I can get one for then.Mr unit
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 28/02/06 06:04 AM Posted 28/02/06 06:04 AM They are pretty much the same, however the BF comes in auto, different door trims, uglier (imo) bodykit.
about2buy Member 35 Member For: 20y 8m 17d Posted 28/02/06 07:03 AM Posted 28/02/06 07:03 AM Hi there. Mr unit (what does that mean??) You should buy now!! Dont wait! And then lets go drag racing!! ( @ wsid of course ) CatchN.
Phoon Hoon Member 156 Member For: 21y 5m 25d Posted 28/02/06 08:28 AM Posted 28/02/06 08:28 AM I heard too, that FPV did a lot of work to improve the NVH in the BF. Apparently a much quieter (in a good way - less rattles and road noise) ride in the BF.Having said that, I haven't driven a BA and BF back to back to compare them.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m Gender: Male Posted 28/02/06 08:52 AM Posted 28/02/06 08:52 AM (edited) I was in the same boat as you a month or so ago, I had the choice of Run Out Mark 2 GTs and F6s and an option on a BF as well.In the end I chose the mark 2 GT manual as I didnt want an auto, however the 6 speed auto in the Typhoon is good, never tried one in a GT as It just had to have the 6 speed manual.The Mark 2s were a good price and I nearly took an F6 but I wanted to give a GT a whirl, the Mark 2 FPVs sure are good cars especially if you get a good run out price and low interest rate The BFs are nice cars but I saved a heap of cash and got a great car.If you are after an auto you need a BF, no question.Good Luck and either way you will love the car you pick Edited 28/02/06 08:53 AM by Gavin Conroy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now