Delivery Date When Do You Expect Your Xr6?

richdave

When will your Turbo arrive  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 15y 4m 24d

I'm hoping to get my Ego colored XR6T Ute before xmas still. At the moment they tell me it'll be before the new year, but not sure if it might not end up being in the 3 days before NYE.

(I should add I'm new to the forums - and that this is my first post).

Shes coming with all the trimmings, Luxury pack, Safety pack, Tech pack, sports bar, tow bar, mud guards and soft toner cover (Got a Shepard that's going to be in the back a bit). Ordered 4 weeks ago to the day. And I'm told only just rolled out of the Factory (or so Ford in Cairns is telling me). *crosses fingers for before xmas* Might not fit under that tree... but hey you get that!!! :D

Marco

Edited by Xfercns

• Member For: 15y 6m 15d

I have spent about 30 minutes browsing this string ... and I am sad at what the microwave has done to our society.

It used to be something to be proud of that you had to wait for your car to be specially built by the manufacturer.

I know Ford dealers only hold very limted stock, and if they have options on the cars in stock, the combination is rarely what you are looking for, but they have to make a buck and having 30 variations on the floor just to please the 2% of buyers that fall outside the norm just doesn't make sense. Go and ask the importers of other makes of car how long for a special order - if it is permitted at all! At least Ford gives you choices.

I remember attending a Chrysler dealership with my dad in 1972. We test dove a Chrysler by Chrysler. Dad didn't want the vinly roof (deleting it was a nc option). But he definietely wanted the 360 V8. I don't remember all of the options that he ordered, but the bottom line was that it was a special order.

I remember the excitement as the deliver date approached - I'm almost certain we were told a month only. Then dad just arrived home from work one day ...

Having to wait just allowed us time to let everyone know we were getting a new car - the expereince was allowed to grow into something special - the anticipation was all part of it - and everyone had time to be jealous ... before the car was old!

There was a similar experince when Dad bought his VK Brock in 1985/86 - ordered in October 1985 - it was one of the last that used "real fuel" as we then knew it - and it was not delivered until March 1986 - but it was worth every second of the wait.

In this age of instant gratification (I call it the microwave age - who has time to reheat dinner in a normal oven?) it seems we expect to be able to wake up one morning and decide we will have a new car in the garage that night!

This makes me sad for many reasons.

First, the impatience must result in compromise. To get a car today, I can't have my choice, I must settle for what is on the floor. So who wants to compromise?

Second, the fact that you can't relax and enjoy the anticipation - do you let your whole life go by rushing to the next goal? or do you slow down to enjoy the journey? Sorry if this is too deep for some.

Finally, and most importantly, I am sad for your marriages. If you need satisfaction as fast as you suggest in this topic string, your marriage will end prematurely (word chosen intentionally) because there is no way you can satisfy your missus in the 35 seconds that you spend ...

Of course, those of you who have read this far are not the ones I am targetting, you at least have the stamina to read for more than 10 lines, so relax and learn to enjoy the wait - it will be worth it!!!!

PS - My Dad now drives an XR6 - he loves it to death - waited about 3 months for it to arrive and that was about 10 years ago - he calls it the "Kingswood" - and I bet if he replaces it with another Ford, he will be quite happy to wait, as we all should be.

• Member For: 15y 6m 15d

One more thing, I didn't bore you with my car history - I've had over 30 cars in the past 20 years - but none of the dealer purchased cars were delivered in less than 2 days and some took over 3 months - all were worth the wait - even a secondhand car that I had to wait 2 months to get due to travelling.

For now, I'm planning exactly what options I want in my G6E T...

• Member For: 15y 4m 24d
One more thing, I didn't bore you with my car history - I've had over 30 cars in the past 20 years - but none of the dealer purchased cars were delivered in less than 2 days and some took over 3 months - all were worth the wait - even a secondhand car that I had to wait 2 months to get due to travelling.

Bored? no not at all. As to waiting I can wait. I've waited 3 months to put the deposit down due to house improvements that needed to come first and didn't know if the costs would blow out. I'll have waited 6-9weeks for the delivery and I can say, that, I'm VERY excited to get it and am also very much looking forward to it. And I don't believe that you need too (in todays day and age) wait 3months+ to get a car that's coming from a dealer unless you've ordered from Porsche or Ferrari. In which case I'd be happy to wait a year for my car to be built from the ground up.

2nd'ly: I need a ute... LOL I've got stuff that needs doing and I can't keep borrowing my fathers 4x4/trailer.

And as I said, would be a great Christmas present!

Marco

PS: I know you didn't necessarily target my post but as it comes right after mine I feel I should reply to it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d

beach Patrol...I know what you are saying but I am definitely not from the "microwave set". I'm a full-on baby boomer (50+) and if any nearby dealer had a few xr6t's in stock, it's 90% sure that I would have fingered one and bought it on the spot. When I ordered I even listed all the acceptable options which was basically all colours bar 2, auto and can put reverse sensors on later. How easy is that? that's why I object to being mucked about like I ordered a special edition FPV....

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 25d

Gee, been a while since someone has posted in this thread, but anyway. I expect Delivery of my FG Turbo Auto in Sensation on Thursday... Happy easter to me...

• 5 months later...