Robit28 Member 385 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 09/02/06 05:52 AM Posted 09/02/06 05:52 AM Just got the car custom tuned today. Now before I say anything, I am not bagging the tuner at all as they worked all day on the car.My dyno sheet shows that peak power when I drove in was around the 208kw mark with an 8psi edit map, k&n, 2nd CAI, centre muffler removal.My dyno sheet now has 204.6kw after fitting new 968 injectors and custom tune with a 12psi peak of boost going down to 9psi about half way then dropping to about 7psi at max power! WTF??I have valve springs ready to go in although at this power level, one would think this in not the problem.Any ideas????Gotta get this thing going hard before I lose any faith I have in Fords!!!Rob.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/02/06 05:55 AM Posted 09/02/06 05:55 AM It doesnt add up I would have thought with just edit and CAI would have got you 240ish.
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Location: Canberra Posted 09/02/06 05:57 AM Posted 09/02/06 05:57 AM that's a bit rough mate!! Some standard cars are making that power!! I would take it elsewhere and see if they can do something more with it... if not, then perhaps something is terribly wrong! My car made 192rwkw standard, and then 251rwkw with edit, CAI intake. I am getting injectors tomorrow, and intercooler shortly, so with that I'm hoping to atleast get a comfy 270rwkw.Is the tuner a reputable one?? I'd seriously ask for an explanation... Perhaps some of the piping has come loose?? Get it all checked out champ, and then try again!
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 09/02/06 05:59 AM Posted 09/02/06 05:59 AM Just got the car custom tuned today. Now before I say anything, I am not bagging the tuner at all as they worked all day on the car.Wrong BLAME the tuner that's a joke std T's will make more pwr than that hope he did'nt charge you
robc Member 64 Member For: 21y 1m 12d Posted 09/02/06 06:02 AM Posted 09/02/06 06:02 AM sounds like a leek on the boost side, Ctr muffler & edit gave me 247rwkws
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 25d Posted 09/02/06 06:19 AM Posted 09/02/06 06:19 AM Who is the tuner I.e. is he a recognised one to this Forum and what did he tell you the problem was / his plans to improve upon the results?
Robit28 Member 385 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 09/02/06 06:35 AM Author Posted 09/02/06 06:35 AM Yes, the tuner is a reputable one.....FIST. I don't know what the problem could be as I would have thought I would be well above this power level by now.I was charged $454 with 24% discount, so it came to $345.45 + GST. Was in at about 9am this morning and out at around 3pm.If any tuner have any ideas all would help. I will post up the dyno graph as soon as I can.Rob.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 09/02/06 06:35 AM Posted 09/02/06 06:35 AM Indeed, check for leaks on intake and exhaust sides....
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 09/02/06 06:41 AM Posted 09/02/06 06:41 AM This seems strange as vonny always does great with these tunes did they say what might be wrong with the car.Ian
Robit28 Member 385 Member For: 20y 11m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 09/02/06 06:44 AM Author Posted 09/02/06 06:44 AM I don't think it is a leak as the boost comes on fine. The turbo have no problems producing boost and boost measured at the intake seems to be fine.Rob.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now