Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 29/01/06 04:00 AM Posted 29/01/06 04:00 AM Check out this topic as well.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17498You've had your IC awhile now.How do you rate it?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I rate it as excellent as a replacement for the stock unit. It's probably good for supporting 350rwkw.There was a little grinding of the front bar that needed to be done, but nothing out of the ordinary. If a gas axe was required a butcher must have been doing the job I'm going to call ASE and have a custom unit fabricated soon to replace the current cooler I have.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 29/01/06 05:22 AM Posted 29/01/06 05:22 AM Check out this topic as well.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17498You've had your IC awhile now.How do you rate it?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I rate it as excellent as a replacement for the stock unit. It's probably good for supporting 350rwkw.There was a little grinding of the front bar that needed to be done, but nothing out of the ordinary. If a gas axe was required a butcher must have been doing the job I'm going to call ASE and have a custom unit fabricated soon to replace the current cooler I have.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didnt use an oxy I was being sarcastic.. but if any more material needed to be cut out an oxy wouldnt saved alot of grinding time
BOSE Member 38 Member For: 20y 9m 2d Gender: Male Posted 30/01/06 05:44 AM Posted 30/01/06 05:44 AM So what is the maximum power you would want to push out of the stock intercooler? ...safest amount anyway
silverman Member 121 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/01/06 06:02 AM Posted 30/01/06 06:02 AM I would like to know what type of intercooler everyone is using, I am thinking of upgrading the intercooler and was wondering at what power level do you need to upgrade from the standard intercooler?Things that I like to keep in mind when upgradingCost?Size / Capacity of intercooler?Pressure drop across intercooler?Power gain?Intake Temp, what was it before upgrading and after upgrading?I am interested in intercoolers that bolt into the factory location.I know there has been a thread about intercoolers and the one Dynowog supplies,but I am after a comparison of a couple before making a decision!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am getting some work done at Nizpro in a few weeks and putting on an I/c.Going with either a Hyperflow or a Rajab garrett style,both bar and plate.Both about $1300.Going with a black version for the stealth look.Anybody have any comments about the Hyperflow?? We know the Rajab is good.
LTSBGY Member 259 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Posted 30/01/06 07:23 AM Posted 30/01/06 07:23 AM Has anyone gone to a place where they make custome IC and got one made for the T? Like there is an ad in the trading post (melbourne) that makes custom coolers starting from $400. Are these crappy places to go too. I really like the APS cooler, the design, the size and all that but to purchase the kit is expecnsive. Can anyone help or has anyone got ideas?ThanxNesh
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 30/01/06 07:23 AM Posted 30/01/06 07:23 AM See you there Silverman.Going down there in 3 weeks time for a simlar mod (+springs).Dingah
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now