Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I could be mistaken (so don't jump down my neck) but I thought that the Typhoon runs the same max boost as the T but they simply reduced losses in the turbo system to help increase power / torque.

Muz

  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

From a laymans terms:

The ecu still controls the maximum boost allowed. So the F6 computer is altered from the T to allow this, and squirt more fuel etc but...

The second CAI and the larger Intercooler have allowed for less loss of boost, so the additional boost does not require a lot of extra pressure on the turbo to create the additional output.

I think that is right.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Yeah Pumped, close your spark plug gaps down to 0.9mm and load the latest revision tunes and the car should be really sweet. Glad to be of assistance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just love your work Martin :blush:

vik...unlike Some around here :blush::spoton::fool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might as well just leave the tongue in there Vik to save time. You make me f*cking sick.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
I could be mistaken (so don't jump down my neck) but I thought that the Typhoon runs the same max boost as the T but they simply reduced losses in the turbo system to help increase power / torque.

Muz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll jump down my own neck. Just found the magazine article over lunch. Boost is increased to 9 psi on the Typhoon. Sorry for the bumsteer.

Muz

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
Posted

Boost is definitely increased in the Typhoon mapping. Its up some 25% in different areas of the duty cycle table. In fact there are all sorts of things different about the Typhoon mapping, boost is just one small part of it. Hope that helps.

Posted
I could be mistaken (so don't jump down my neck) but I thought that the Typhoon runs the same max boost as the T but they simply reduced losses in the turbo system to help increase power / torque.

Muz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll jump down my own neck. Just found the magazine article over lunch. Boost is increased to 9 psi on the Typhoon. Sorry for the bumsteer.

Muz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont worry about it mate :fool::blush::spoton:

vik...tab is the only one that steers towards bums :spit::spit::blush:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
What is the difference in gap between the typhoon & Mk1 Xr6 turbo???

Bear in mind the XR6 Turbo is designed by Ford to run 240KW/450NM, like a few other things like IC, Valve Springs etc. they haven't engineered to go dramatically past their spec!

Also what's the new off the shelf cost of a Nissan GTR compared to a XR6 Turbo???

Also what gap are they using in the GTR with the upgraded coils???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't mind seeing a response to this?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 18d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

I don't think Tuner knows what the plug gap is for a Typhoon or the GTR.

in fact I don't think he's tuned a huge variety of turbo cars at all.

Someone like C & J in Bris, or Chiptorque would have a better grasp.

I'd close the gap down more than .9mm, at least .8.

I've set mine to .89mm & they still miss, just not as bad so at least .8mm.

As for his rot about Ford not supplying good componentry, tuner won't come anywhere near the one I stated about people running 400KW on standard ignition????

Also Tuner what is the date release for the latest set of base tunes???

Russ

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
Posted
I don't think Tuner knows what the plug gap is for a Typhoon or the GTR.

in fact I don't think he's tuned a huge variety of turbo cars at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, looking at tuning my very first turbo car next week. Any pointers? :censored:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 18d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted
No, looking at tuning my very first turbo car next week. Any pointers?

Yeh, check the plug gap.

:censored:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...