thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/01/06 10:43 AM Posted 17/01/06 10:43 AM (edited) With the CAPA edit I've got the following probIt's now happened a couple of times since I've flashed the PCM on the 10 PSI map.When accelerating hard, the car drops power & then seems to overfuel & runs rough, it will clear itself shortly afterwards once I lower the revs down to idle.It feels like too much fuel, as it take a few seconds to clear it out!Today though the traction control light stayed on until I shutdown the car.Any thoughts???Russ Edited 17/01/06 10:44 AM by thebrunks
1ute Legacy Donating Member 195 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Location: Canberra Posted 17/01/06 10:49 AM Posted 17/01/06 10:49 AM With the CAPA edit I've got the following probIt's now happened a couple of times since I've flashed the PCM on the 10 PSI map.When accelerating hard, the car drops power & then seems to overfuel & runs rough, it will clear itself shortly afterwards once I lower the revs down to idle.It feels like too much fuel, as it take a few seconds to clear it out!Today though the traction control light stayed on until I shutdown the car.Any thoughts???RussCustom tune?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/01/06 10:50 AM Author Posted 17/01/06 10:50 AM No, just base maps
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/01/06 11:44 AM Posted 17/01/06 11:44 AM Have u regapped your plugs?
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 3m 23d Posted 17/01/06 12:12 PM Posted 17/01/06 12:12 PM Does it only happen when your low on fuel?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/01/06 12:15 PM Author Posted 17/01/06 12:15 PM (edited) Yeh regapped the plugs to .89mm I may have to go closer, it happens on full tank, half tank, whatever tank!!!It may still need plugs gapped closer to .8mm, the traction control light was the worry today, but the rest seems like overfuel.It felt like my Gemini when the fuel pressure was too high & kept the needle open on the carby. Russ Edited 17/01/06 12:18 PM by thebrunks
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/01/06 12:35 PM Posted 17/01/06 12:35 PM try dropping them down to .74mm Simon from Xtreme told me this becauase my car has started to do the same thing u describe. it used to do it on 10psi with the capa generic tune and now that the boost is up to 16psi it occassionally does it. im running .78mm at the moment and Simon assures me that th extra .04mm wil make a difference..maybe take yours down to .78 and see how you go?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/01/06 12:40 PM Author Posted 17/01/06 12:40 PM (edited) Thanks, I think I'll give that a go & see what happens.Did you have the traction control light stay on???Russ Edited 17/01/06 12:40 PM by thebrunks
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/01/06 02:09 PM Posted 17/01/06 02:09 PM brunks sounds like u might have vavle spring issues
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/01/06 02:16 PM Author Posted 17/01/06 02:16 PM brunks sounds like u might have vavle spring issuesMate could be, does it seem as though the PCM shut's down to protect itself?The traction control light coming on was a bit strange!Russ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now