mpvella Member 6 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Posted 19/01/06 02:13 AM Author Posted 19/01/06 02:13 AM I just found out that they didnt send out the turbo after the engine rebuild. mob said to. The "service technician" decided against it. I had to call the service manager and he agreed with me/them and sent out the turbo!What happens to all those poor smoes who dont follow up and ask for numbers and make enquires themselves????If I didnt the turbo would have been put back in as is with a high chance of having metal in it and going through tthis whole thing again? Ford never ceases to amaze me!
mpvella Member 6 Member For: 21y 10m 18d Posted 19/01/06 02:18 AM Author Posted 19/01/06 02:18 AM I have a series 1, xr6t with just under 50K on the clock and is a regular family car (no mods). <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you the original owner?Have you had the car from new?Where abouts you located?tom<{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeh!Yeh!Sydney
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/01/06 02:29 AM Posted 19/01/06 02:29 AM Something still smells off here......If the engine let go with such ferocity as you have described (rod, top end as well), they wouldnt be getting it rebuilt, they would have ordered you a new long motor.At least a new short because the bottom end would be stuffed after a rod departed.......If metal has been sent through the whole engine, like you said, a new long would have been the only solution.*sniff sniff* You smell that?
Dannopower Legacy Donating Member 421 Member For: 21y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 19/01/06 03:24 AM Posted 19/01/06 03:24 AM you can buy a second hand XR6 T engine and turbo from the wreckers, for $3700 now anyway.
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/01/06 11:07 AM Posted 19/01/06 11:07 AM I was told about $16 grand for a new one by the service guy at ford, he obviously doesnt know what he is talking about! I was amazed, because I sourced an engine fully loaded that will handle up to 40 psi boost for around $4500.40psi boost hey! Didn't happen to be a diesel did it?and the Ford guy doesn't know what he is talking about.....Not hanging sh*te on you and I don't doubt your story however, if you are going to give MOFO a hard time about their poor service and lousy facts, do just a little homework first.Standard XR6T boost is about 6psi. Many guys run a lot higher however..... 40psi.... I don't even run that much pressure in my tyres!Oh, and by the way, if your service comes from MOFO just north of the bridge in Sydney.... yep.... I believe every word you say
about2buy Member 35 Member For: 20y 8m 14d Posted 21/01/06 07:18 AM Posted 21/01/06 07:18 AM Quad cam 5.5lt twin turbo v12 Mercedes Benz long engine... $65,000... 350kw 1000Nm......STOCK.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 22/01/06 10:55 PM Posted 22/01/06 10:55 PM Quad cam 5.5lt twin turbo v12 Mercedes Benz long engine... $65,000... 350kw 1000Nm......STOCK.huh?
basil135 Member 46 Member For: 21y 1m 2d Posted 23/01/06 12:02 AM Posted 23/01/06 12:02 AM I would be sending a fax to Ford's "Customer Care" centre in Melbourne. Just make sure you have all of your facts. When I complained about them "forgetting" to put the traction control on the car when it was built, (long story - dont ask ) I managed to get the next 4 services free. Do the sums on that one.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/01/06 02:27 AM Posted 23/01/06 02:27 AM Quad cam 5.5lt twin turbo v12 Mercedes Benz long engine... $65,000... 350kw 1000Nm......STOCK.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>huh?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was thinking the same?your point is:?
xrturb god bless my kids Member 611 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: claremont meadows, sydney Posted 23/01/06 04:43 AM Posted 23/01/06 04:43 AM (edited) io would guess the service dept is castle hillswhen I complaint to costumerdont care about problems with above I was granted 15oo dollar in mechandise Edited 23/01/06 04:46 AM by xrturb
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now