Rik_Biel Bionic Bealie Member 271 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Perth West Oz Posted 16/01/06 12:13 PM Posted 16/01/06 12:13 PM I've had so many expensive problems with air-con over my lifetime I'm paranoidToday I had wispy almost fog/smoke like air coming out of my vents on my 6000km old XR6 - is this normal?
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 16/01/06 12:15 PM Posted 16/01/06 12:15 PM I've had so many expensive problems with air-con over my lifetime I'm paranoidToday I had wispy almost fog/smoke like air coming out of my vents on my 6000km old XR6 - is this normal?I had that in my WRX... only lasts for a short while and goes away?? I dont think its anything to worry about
Rik_Biel Bionic Bealie Member 271 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Perth West Oz Posted 16/01/06 12:17 PM Author Posted 16/01/06 12:17 PM Yep - that's it - I think it's just cold air....but ....once with my EF it was refrigerant - admittedly that had a distinct smell
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/01/06 12:27 PM Posted 16/01/06 12:27 PM Happens to me as well occasionally but only usually on a hot day.
micksta Member 159 Member For: 21y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 16/01/06 12:27 PM Posted 16/01/06 12:27 PM I have seen that before on high humidity days.If it was refrigerant, you would know by a strong smell, its properly just moisture off the coil!If your concered, check the sight glass on the pipe work for bubbles in the engine bay.Was it a humid day when it happened?
Rik_Biel Bionic Bealie Member 271 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Perth West Oz Posted 16/01/06 12:30 PM Author Posted 16/01/06 12:30 PM It was today and yes it was pretty humidGlad everyything is probably OK - Cheers Guys
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/01/06 11:02 PM Posted 16/01/06 11:02 PM Normal in situations of high humidity. I can't recall all my days studying thermodynamics however, from memory it has to do with the cold air temp reached and the dew point given the relative humidity. Nothing to worry about.Either that or I am full of schitt and you will probably die from its effects.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/01/06 05:17 AM Posted 17/01/06 05:17 AM Open your freezer, you will usually see the same foggy mist.
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/06 05:49 AM Posted 17/01/06 05:49 AM Its just mist from high humidityNo problemo
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 17/01/06 01:26 PM Posted 17/01/06 01:26 PM happened to me too... on occassion today being one of themI am still ok.... ok .... okshazzy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now