Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Bionic Bealie
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 1d
  • Location: Perth West Oz
Posted

I've had so many expensive problems with air-con over my lifetime I'm paranoid

Today I had wispy almost fog/smoke like air coming out of my vents on my 6000km old XR6 - is this normal?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
I've had so many expensive problems with air-con over my lifetime I'm paranoid

Today I had wispy almost fog/smoke like air coming out of my vents on my 6000km old XR6 - is this normal?

I had that in my WRX... only lasts for a short while and goes away?? I dont think its anything to worry about

  • Bionic Bealie
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 1d
  • Location: Perth West Oz
Posted

Yep - that's it - I think it's just cold air....but ....once with my EF it was refrigerant - admittedly that had a distinct smell

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Happens to me as well occasionally but only usually on a hot day.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

I have seen that before on high humidity days.

If it was refrigerant, you would know by a strong smell, its properly just moisture off the coil!

If your concered, check the sight glass on the pipe work for bubbles in the engine bay.

Was it a humid day when it happened?

  • Bionic Bealie
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 1d
  • Location: Perth West Oz
Posted

It was today and yes it was pretty humid

Glad everyything is probably OK - Cheers Guys :)

  • Complete Bastard
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Normal in situations of high humidity. I can't recall all my days studying thermodynamics however, from memory it has to do with the cold air temp reached and the dew point given the relative humidity. Nothing to worry about.

Either that or I am full of schitt and you will probably die from its effects.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Open your freezer, you will usually see the same foggy mist.

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 2d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Its just mist from high humidity

No problemo :stirthepot:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 28d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted

happened to me too... on occassion today being one of them

I am still ok.... ok .... ok

shazzy

:spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...