xr0500 Legacy Donating Member 321 Member For: 20y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Hobart, TAS Posted 11/01/06 10:39 PM Posted 11/01/06 10:39 PM Last night I was walking through Salamanca (Hobart, Tasmania!!) and saw a very, very nice looking T, is was green, lowered, phoon guages, and a capa sticker on the rear window. Id assume if has been tuned, so id really like to talk to them about the process and if they did it in tassie or melbourne? If anyone on this forum owns this car or know who does or knows anything about it please let me know (or am I the only poor sap on the forum stuck in tassie?)??
4runner Legacy Donating Member 215 Member For: 22y 2m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 12/01/06 12:11 AM Posted 12/01/06 12:11 AM There is a couple of forum members who live in Tassie - Fraggle and Badger.Bring on Tassie MK III - are we there yet ?
BA-PHOON Member 67 Member For: 21y 9m 5d Posted 12/01/06 12:14 AM Posted 12/01/06 12:14 AM There is a couple of forum members who live in Tassie - Fraggle and Badger.Bring on Tassie MK III - are we there yet ?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>...I also sit down here... quietly watching what's going on on the big island!
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 21y 11m 27d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 12/01/06 04:41 AM Posted 12/01/06 04:41 AM There is a couple of forum members who live in Tassie - Fraggle and Badger.Bring on Tassie MK III - are we there yet ?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>...I also sit down here... quietly watching what's going on on the big island!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>With this one BA PHOONYou still wanting one Me (fraggle) North end, and the sunny end.Badger East coast, Hse2 (think that's it) Hobart,Pumped 81 (Envi T) unsure of where he is fromPool boy (Blue print)Hobart - Queensland6 of us for sure and you but there are more im sureAnd then the tourist's Ken, Ducatijb, Brownie, Cain, Have I forgoten anybody
tbearz Member 63 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Location: tassie Posted 13/01/06 09:34 AM Posted 13/01/06 09:34 AM hooray for tassie
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 7m 26d Posted 13/01/06 10:13 AM Posted 13/01/06 10:13 AM Just had 6 days in Hobart. Never saw a XR6 Turbo, most were XR8's that I saw.With the winding roads in Tassie I couldn't see anyone going fast enough for a T or V8 I'm sorry to say. The roads were interesting up the east coast, a 35km corner with a 45 degree angle up as you exit the corner. Must be hard on fuel economy. The price of fuel was $1.20 - $1.23 during the week, but I think gas was $0.71.I was surprised to see Police cars in various colours. But was even more surprised to see an unmarked Police car which was a silver Expensive Daewoo Vectra CD. All that was noticable was the hidden red and blue lights behind the front and rear windows.
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 10m 30d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 13/01/06 10:41 AM Posted 13/01/06 10:41 AM I was surprised to see Police cars in various colours Well, as we all know they do things a little differently in Tassie even the wallopers... (j/k)Jack
citric acid xr6t Legacy Donating Member 449 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/01/06 10:45 AM Posted 13/01/06 10:45 AM Hey Fraggle I am an ex Launceston (Kings Meadows) boy. But I left there about 20 years ago now. Was back in Tassie Xmas 2004 and took the T up the west coast it was freezing cold and the roads and scenery were magnificent. The car went exceptionally well.I cannot wait to come back home again for another run through those roads.
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 21y 11m 27d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 13/01/06 06:32 PM Posted 13/01/06 06:32 PM Hey Fraggle I am an ex Launceston (Kings Meadows) boy. But I left there about 20 years ago now. Was back in Tassie Xmas 2004 and took the T up the west coast it was freezing cold and the roads and scenery were magnificent. The car went exceptionally well.I cannot wait to come back home again for another run through those roads.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The NSW guys annual crusie is in November for two weeks if you are up for that kind of thing it a blast.I will be up your way in a couple of weeks gold coast area so any want to catch up for a beer let me know.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 13/01/06 11:06 PM Posted 13/01/06 11:06 PM Me (fraggle) North end, and the sunny end.Badger East coast, Hse2 (think that's it) Hobart,Pumped 81 (Envi T) unsure of where he is fromPool boy (Blue print)Hobart - Queensland6 of us for sure and you but there are more im sure<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'd all be related, wouldn't you?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now