Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 1d
Posted

Hi all,

Just wondering what your opinions are regarding the removal of the bootlid spoiler on an XR6T, and if you have done it, how you went about it.

Should the whole bootlid be replaced with one from a Falcon XT, Futura etc, or is it possible to remove the spoiler, keep the original bootlid and repair the screw holes left in the bootlid? A dealer told me recently that he has heard of a couple of people who removed the spoiler on their XR6 and repaired the original bootlid. Is this possible? If so, it would save having to fork out the extra for another bootlid :)

I'd rather keep the original spoiler (or bootlid) so it can be reattached when it comes time to trade in the car.

Any opinions/suggestions much appreciated

Nick

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Hey mate... I have removed the rear wing off my car,

here is a picture of what it looks like post-7603-1136692344_thumb.jpg post-7603-1136692636_thumb.jpg

My car is currently at the panel beaters having the rear wing removed completely, I am having a new boot lid painted and fitted, I was able to swap a Ford wrecker my complete spoilered boot for one without for nothing, after speaking to quite a few different panel beaters they all said that because of the size and location of the holes in the boot left by the spoiler after taking it off it would be very difficult (read: expensive) to patch and repair...

Hope that helps mate...

Jack :blush:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 1d
Posted

Thanks Jack and Kaine,

Jack - your T looks great with the spoiler removed. Love your rims too :)

Kaine - I did a search on this topic but didn't come up with much. Thanks for the links you provided. I'll search a bit harder next time :)

Thanks guys

Nick

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Thanks mate!

Jack :blush:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 13d
Posted

The best spoiler removal I saw (or was e-mailed) was a black XR8. Boot lid had been fully de-badged and had the little lip (I think it was off a faimont or something).

Looked frickin awsome anyway! DUMPED AND NICE RIMS, Clean!

I have the same plans! But this wedding thing is sucking me dry!!! think I might have to call it off! ha ha :pinch:

  • Award Winning Photo guy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burleigh Waters
Posted

I replaced mine with a bob-tail... and rightly soo... the holes underneath were a real mess.. the drill marks had left the surface warped and was starting to rust...

a real goddam mess...

it's alright now though :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...