Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 11d
  • Location: DA GHETTO
Posted

HELLO , I was at a Ford retailer today at warwick farm looking at the new typhoon .I test drive a black typhoon they had on the floor with 19 inch wheels gee`z this car looked very f :spoton: tuff. Ive liked Holdens most of my life but these cars have just turn me around and I think the new BF looks very similar to HSV with the front and rear bars. I thought it drove extreamingly smooth with the new 6 speed auto and felt like it had a lot of potential . The salesman mentioned this site that I could gain strong input on these cars . So here I am HELP ME......

# What I wanna now is . is black really a hard colour to maintain?

# What do think of the typhoon ,handling,6speed auto,power etc?

# What colour would be your preference?

# would you go the 19s?

# Would you prefer BA or BF?

# Insurance how much do you pay and who?

If you can help me out with these questions that would be much appreciated

I am thinking about purchasing about feb-march

DARREN :spit:

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 9d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

Welcome mate, dont tell me you didn't get any pics :spoton: That would be a tough colour/wheel combo.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Hi Darren and welcome to the stie, I'm only new hear but have already found heaps of usefull information around the place.

2 Cars ago I had a black AU XR6, had the car for a year and sold it due to the fact it was imposible to keep clean. It litreally was clean for 2 hours after it was washed then it would stat to show up dust and crap. The other problem was it showed up all the tiny little marks and scratches really badly. Had a blood orange BA next which was fantastic to keep clean and so far the shockwave has been ok.

Your best to have a look through some of the topics in the Typhoon section as far as handling and the new auto. you will find heaps.

I think the 19's look tuff but you have to weigh up the cost of them against some aftermarket rims if you wanted to individualise it a bit more. Personaly I'd get the factory 19's

If was buying a new F6 2morow I would go with Toxic.

I had to toss up between the BA Mkii and BF when I bought my T. I was after an auto so the lure of the new 6 speed was a big incentive to go for a BF but my dislike for the BF wheels and interior print, combined with an awsome price on a runout BA Mkii in the colour I wanted and with the options I wanted made it an easy decision in the end.

But if you want an auto you will have to get the BF as it was manual only for the F6 in the BA. Not sure if they would have any runout BA's by the time you want to but anyway.

There was a great thread on insurance costs a while back so do a search in the XR6T section.

So welcome to the forums.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

# What I wanna now is . is black really a hard colour to maintain?

No harder to keep clean than a Phantom coloured car :spit: ......depends how meticuluos you are. Blink of an eye or a drop of rain and there dirty...but no more than any other coloured car IMHO.

# What do think of the typhoon ,handling,6speed auto,power etc?

There'll be only one anwser to that question, but you'll find that it's fairly baised round ere...

# What colour would be your preference?

BLAAAAACK

# would you go the 19s?

Yes.

# Would you prefer BA or BF?

Was going BF had a BA on the lot took it instead. The new bumpers they've added make them look a whole lot tuffer though. :sick:

# Insurance how much do you pay and who?

AAMI Agreed Value over 30 rating 1 $870.00 < Tornado not Typhoon.

Do a search Daz theres heaps here on the cars a lot more in the Typhoon section: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showforum=54 :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 16d
  • Location: SOUTHERN SIDE BEACHES
Posted

Welcome , Mate they are a great car. I have a lightning strike F6 . I bought an ex demo from brad garlick ford at ryde fully optioned up and saved heaps. and try to sqeeze everything out of them and make sure you shop around I know if you were to buy a BA Phoon today you could be saving a lot more to the BF for obvious reasons.

Black ,I reckon is the tuffest colour that's my next colour .

Insurance again do your shoping everyones circumstances are different

And if I were to buy one tomorrow I would get a BF Mercury in colour I think the mercury goes pretty well with the silver incerts on the bars.

And if I were you I would wait till next year to make a final decission

CHEERS WAZZA

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

:pooh:Darren :pooh:

Best of luck with the car choice, I'm sure you'll get all the info you need from the grease-monkeys (:blush:) around here.

Btw ...

Watchyawearn? :nono:

:nono:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 9d
  • Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra...
Posted
# What I wanna now is . is black really a hard colour to maintain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Needs a wash a bit more frequently to keep it looking good. but it's not as much work as people will lead you to believe...

The big problem with the black cars is that if you think about going near a dirt road (eg dirt \ grass carpark \ road works \ a real dirt road) then you can forget about keeping your car clean, it just won't happen...

I'd definatly get a black car again... (It is better than any other colour on the road :blink: )

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
Ive liked Holdens most of my life but these cars have just turn me around and I think the new BF looks very similar to HSV with the front and rear bars.

You may need to see opsm mate :blink:

:blink: Darren,hope you enjoy the site

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Welcome Darren,

Top choice in colour and wheel combo....u have good taste

Make sure u shop around.....I did all that a few weeks ago,pm us if need any info

cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...