Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:msm:

It seems that while Expensive Daewoo and HSV have been scraping and cost cutting Ford and FPV have been charging ahead.

In the Jan Wheels mag there is a comparo between the BF FPV and the HSV R8 Clubsport as well as another between the BF XR8 and the latest Expensive Daewoo SS revamp named the SSZ.

Times are as follows for the HSV and the FPV

0-100 FPV 6.3

0-100 R8 5.9

0-400 FPV 14.3

0-400 R8 13.9

The FPV got 4 stars while the HSV got only 3

The final comment was?

"Theres no doubt the FPV is better :laughing: . Both cars fairly claim punishing blows, but the decision on points must go to FPV. HSV's Z series is a great engine surrounded by an aging package, so it's no surprise that the FPV feels at least one generation ahead in its handling and refinement. But how much better would it be if the FPV had an engine like the LS2 mated to its sweet ZF auto, lost some flab and was given a shorter final drive?"

The Holdens clear performance advantage will be some consolation to the brands many followers. But the Ford proves that on the road, as well as the bloodied battleground, raw firepower isn't always the deciding factor.

Then there is the comparo between the SSZ Commodoare and the BF XR8. The XR8 beats the SSZ in all categories, the times are thus:

XR8 0-100 6.3

SSZ 0-100 6.8

XR8 400m 14.4

SSZ 400m 14.8

The XR8 gets 4 stars and the SSZ (although Expensive Daewoo have loaded it with everything for free bar the kitchen sink) gets 3 stars. Perhaps the best quote to the comparo was this;

IT'S THE XR8 THAT STANDS DEMONSTRATABLY AHEAD FOR ALL-ROUND POLISH AND REFINEMENT.

Fancy that! The XR8 runs away from the SS and is nearly as quick as the GT :spit:

I think HSV and Expensive Daewoo are going to find themslves up siht creek without a paddle, and considering GMs global and un-repayable technical bankruptcy. It's fair to wonder how long it will be before Elizabeth becomes a robot assembly plant for imported Daewoo tear down packs :spit::sick: Oh goodnes the cost of resting on your laurels and convincing a relatively ignorant buying public that you can make an exclusive and unbeatable performance car.

Me I'm laughing my head off, only ever owned one HSV and to me it will always mean Horrible Sh!t Vehicle

Well done Ford and FPV: Keep rubbing it in :spoton:

Well Done Ford and FPV

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

with those times I'd take the XR8 over the GT. FPV wake up a get the GT into the 13sec club, 5.4 Boss with cams should pull a 13, am I right or am I right?

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
with those times I'd take the XR8 over the GT. FPV wake up a get the GT into the 13sec club, 5.4 Boss with cams should pull a 13, am I right or am I right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I reckon you are right. I also reckon the GT is now a lot closer to the HSV and if you spend a FEW grand on a flash, pacey's, T/Body, Under drives, and CAI (and most eventually do).

You gonna have one hell of a nice Performance/Touring car :laughing:

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

I read the article whilst standing in coles waiting for a woman to get food and stuff (or whatever it is they get there) and I rang two of my esteemed Expensive Daewoo owner friends to see if they had read the same review... I finished up with a group of about 4 hardcore aussie blokes standing around the mag stand at coles laughing and discussing the legendary Blue Oval, when the aforementioned female came and got me to go through the checky chicky thingo.... Ahhh.. an afternoon well spent..........

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I read the article whilst standing in coles waiting for a woman to get food and stuff (or whatever it is they get there) and I rang two of my esteemed Expensive Daewoo owner friends to see if they had read the same review... I finished up with a group of about 4 hardcore aussie blokes standing around the mag stand at coles laughing and discussing the legendary Blue Oval, when the aforementioned female came and got me to go through the checky chicky thingo.... Ahhh.. an afternoon well spent..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be a real kick in the jacksie for Expensive Daewoo if the XR8 outsellS the SSZ, and by all accounts theres no reason it shouldn't.

I've been waiting for this since that clown (name forgotten) who managed Ford Australia for too long, killed the V8 back in the XE days.

What a xmas pressy for Ford Fans :spoton:

(Better than the rotten digital camera I got fron Santa that you need a bloody Ph.D in computer electronics to operate :laughing: . I think a lot of dust will gather on its resealed Canon box) :spit::spit:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
...Better than the rotten digital camera I got fron Santa that you need a bloody Ph.D to operate. :spit:  :spit:

Shouldn't be too hard for you, should it DOC... :laughing:

Lumpy :spoton:

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
...Better than the rotten digital camera I got fron Santa that you need a bloody Ph.D to operate. :ky:  :ky:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shouldn't be too hard for you, should it DOC... :laughing:

Lumpy :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lumpy. I only just figured out how to work my vid/cam after a year. With this thing I have no hope, it would be easier to fly the space shuttle me thinks. I have a rule with all electronic gizmo's :msm: : "If It Won't Go After 10 Mins Of Trying Yell Loudly Then Throw Hard On The Ground :sick: "

Only it was a pressie so that wouldn't be too nice, so off to the cupboard it goes :spit:

You should see my collection of now dead un-cooperative laptops (Thank god for tax deductions) :spit:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 24d
  • Location: tassie
Posted
(Better than the rotten digital camera I got fron Santa that you need a bloody Ph.D in computer electronics to operate :laughing:

both my parents have Ph.D's and cant use the dig camera I think you just have to be young :spoton:

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

(Better than the rotten digital camera I got fron Santa that you need a bloody Ph.D in computer electronics to operate :spoton:

both my parents have Ph.D's and cant use the dig camera I think you just have to be young :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got one to, and have drifted north of the mid 40s so I guess you are 100% on the money :laughing:

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted
both my parents have Ph.D's and cant use the dig camera I think you just have to be young

My folks are exactly the same (expect for the Ph.D's)... we had my Auntie's over yesterday and they both had brand new expensive video/camera/MP3 everything mobiles that they couldn't use... my old man declares that I will know how to use it and I will be happy to teach them how to use their phones... :blaah:

So I then spent the follow hour attempting to show these two old hens how to use their mobiles... at the end of this they announce that they would never have any use for the video, digital camera or the MP3 functions on their new phones?!!?!?! Then why buy it?

And we men get yelled at for not reading instructions... I'm sure their phones came with them...

Jack :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...