MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 22d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 29/12/05 08:55 AM Posted 29/12/05 08:55 AM I do agree though, there are some european owners I have met who have bought the brand not the car.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Then again they're normally the people who have bought four door auto 318i's and kitted them with an M Technik kit (M3) and M19" wheels or a C200 with 1986 AMG Blade alloys Lumpy <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah aint that Priceless
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 22d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 29/12/05 09:17 AM Posted 29/12/05 09:17 AM But I don't have a spare 200k lying around so the reality is my next car will most like be another go fast version of a $30 000 dollar taxi.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Arent German Taxi's Mercs and BMW .... Imagine this thread in German, lol reversed... The Falcon is an exotic more than M5 BMW which is our common taxi done up
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 29/12/05 02:39 PM Posted 29/12/05 02:39 PM tis quite off topic... but to add a middle ground to this arguement the new Porsche Cayman looks like an awesome rip snorter of a ride... and in the middle ground when comparing a M5 to an F6 (which can be done.. albeit a very selective comparison)...
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/12/05 03:06 PM Posted 29/12/05 03:06 PM Same mentaility but in reverse That video was done by Simon, a member here from WA who posts under "Xtreme F6". He runs his own tuning shop and by all accounts does a great job.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You're 100% Mondie, he built my car and it's scarey enough. But Simons beast is insane, when he floors it the bloody nearly twists its chassi trying to figure out what to do with all the Nm amd Kw Thing is he can drive too. He had my business partner, who now drives 013, in it and booted it in 4th, John absolutely $hat Christ that thing is quick and with no speed limiter I doubt that any BM would catch it. But still common sense says what the better car would be.But you have to admit that any car that will pull nearly 300kph for under $75000 is damn good value. Mine Does but Simons is quicker to get there. And depite the technicalities of the BM a properly set up Phoon will stick to the road like glue even at those stupid speeds, the biggest drawback is that the BREMBO's take on all the characteristics of xt brakes in an xrt trying to stop going flat out. (next to useless)
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 29/12/05 06:07 PM Posted 29/12/05 06:07 PM Hey there Rik, merry belated Xmas dude and happy new year
Uwish Member 65 Member For: 23y 7m 17d Location: Greystanes Posted 29/12/05 10:45 PM Posted 29/12/05 10:45 PM The m5 can run and has run 330km/ph with its limiter removed.
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 6m 29d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 29/12/05 11:53 PM Posted 29/12/05 11:53 PM But I don't have a spare 200k lying around so the reality is my next car will most like be another go fast version of a $30 000 dollar taxi.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Arent German Taxi's Mercs and BMW .... Imagine this thread in German, lol reversed... The Falcon is an exotic more than M5 BMW which is our common taxi done up <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that sums it up, btw I have seen almost every car brand at some stage or another act as a taxi... (I've seen toyota \ holden \ mitsu's running as taxi's, basically those guys pick any larger car, just typically it is a ford)the falcons where built originally as family cars first and foremost, and then they are hotted up... Over in europe the Mercs and BMW's are basically family cars... In fact in Italy (according to my aunty who lives there) there is a similar Expensive Daewoo vs ford mentailty between two cars maker over there which we would consider the high end sports cars here (I think lambo was one of the car companies...) Because they are the common cars over there...F6 vs M5??? I'd hold back a little bit before you say the M5 is nicer just because of the price... The extra $180K is more because they can than more so than because it is worth the extra money...that been said over here they are really targetting two completely different markets...
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 30/12/05 12:41 AM Posted 30/12/05 12:41 AM Mate, You T owners are trying to compare a Euro Super Salon to a F6. I mean really........ I have been lucky enough to have driven the E39 M5. And I mean Drive ( thrash ) and it was a great car. The E60 is just another level of car again.So While I get to drive my 220kw atw Rex all day every day, I try not to compare the rex to a All wheel drive Lambo Because the two are so different.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why did you buy the rex ? Each to their own interest... right? A Typhoon, E55 or Lambo is going to be pretty useless in a rally situation...But some buy a car like that to try tell others, I am better than you, I have more money and am all powerful high and mighty. and f*cken pisses me off and I love the look when they get creamed by a car they consider "common", I had the absolute pleasure of wipping the floor in a sraight line with a guy who considered his 86 Carrera so much more that my missus 86 2wd TX3 Turbo, one week later he went out and bought the new Carrera GT, ABSOLUTLEY PRICELESS, he couldnt be seen as been beaten, oh no! that's the c*cksu*kers that irritate me. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's would make sense if they actually sold the Carrera GT in Australia. Its left hand drive and not available here. Woops.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/12/05 06:54 AM Posted 30/12/05 06:54 AM Hey there Rik, merry belated Xmas dude and happy new year<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Scotty. Same to you mate I see there are many new members and many old ones departed. Have a great NY
MRDOHC When in doubt ... Accelerate! Member 440 Member For: 23y 22d Location: Melbourne, Hoppers Xing Posted 30/12/05 07:52 AM Posted 30/12/05 07:52 AM <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's would make sense if they actually sold the Carrera GT in Australia. Its left hand drive and not available here. Woops.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry well picked up I ment turbo 911.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now