F6BF Member 438 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 26/12/05 04:47 AM Posted 26/12/05 04:47 AM Just wanted to know if its a major problem with scrapping going in and out of driveways and over speed humps......measured the clearance on a BF-F6 and its 155mm from the groundGoing up on an angle with one wheel up first would helpF6 owners please comment.Cheers
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/12/05 11:38 AM Posted 26/12/05 11:38 AM All I can say is I hope it is no less than a BA Mk1 T's clearence or I am gonna scrape bad.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 26/12/05 11:47 AM Posted 26/12/05 11:47 AM All I can say is I hope it is no less than a BA Mk1 T's clearence or I am gonna scrape bad.Sure will be Zap, the F6 has lower ride height and a deeper spoiler.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 26/12/05 11:50 AM Posted 26/12/05 11:50 AM I reckon it's a tad better Mondie although my XR was lowered.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/12/05 12:53 PM Posted 26/12/05 12:53 PM Looks like I will be putting the standard stiffened springs and Koni's in to the F6 thenWe will be selling the house in 6 months, so I just need to keep it high for a short while.
F6BF Member 438 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 27/12/05 07:36 AM Author Posted 27/12/05 07:36 AM Thanks for the replies, my driveway has a dip from the road to the start of the driveway so might have to modify it with some timber or chek plate or even cement, or maybe raise the front suspension slightly.Cheers
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/12/05 07:53 AM Posted 27/12/05 07:53 AM Thanks for the replies, my driveway has a dip from the road to the start of the driveway so might have to modify it with some timber or chek plate or even cement, or maybe raise the front suspension slightly.Cheers<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mate theres no point, especially raising the front end up god knows what that would do to the handling. You just have to spend $250 a couple of times a year having the front re-painted. I have 2 F6s and I had a GT, all lowered 20mm front and 25mm back with Pedders Sport setups. Until you develop the habit of taking driveways at an angle (or very slowly) you're going to scrape.In the immortal words of Bruce Hornsby "that's Just The Way It Is"
NIK516 Member 18 Member For: 21y 11m 22d Posted 27/12/05 11:41 PM Posted 27/12/05 11:41 PM screw a metal lip to the bottem of the bumper?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now