will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Location: sydney Posted 25/12/05 06:31 AM Posted 25/12/05 06:31 AM hiI was wondring if the diff ratios r the same between the manual mk1 and mk2as im thinking about going to the 6 spd in my ute and wasnt sure if the ratios r the same,I plan to change the ratios to 3.9 or 4.11 any way, and thought mabye the mk2 might something close to this to make life easier thanx in advance for your helpbrett
Worpor Member 467 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Location: Perth Posted 25/12/05 06:35 AM Posted 25/12/05 06:35 AM HiMy MkII is 3.73 with the 6 speed
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Location: sydney Posted 25/12/05 06:46 AM Author Posted 25/12/05 06:46 AM cool so they r diffrent the mk1 has a 3.45 but im gonna have to send the diff out to get the ratios im after :(
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/12/05 09:28 AM Posted 25/12/05 09:28 AM I plan to change the ratios to 3.9 or 4.11 any way, and thought mabye the mk2 might something close to this to make life easier thanx in advance for your helpbrett<{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is no 3.9I've used the 4.10; It's too low in my opinion, and I've tried the 3.46, 3.73 and 4.10. I think the 3.73 is a good compromise with the turbo, and loads it up pretty well.Why do you want the 4.10?Brian
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Posted 25/12/05 10:45 AM Posted 25/12/05 10:45 AM I swapped from a T5 to T56 without changing the diff, and I find the 3.45 way too tall. Go the 3.73 or 4.10
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/12/05 08:47 PM Posted 25/12/05 08:47 PM I am also running the original 3.45 with the T56. I love it! Much better ratio's on the roll IMHO. Car has so much torque it is just a non issue...I run an organic clutch which also makes it easy to ease off line under normal driving, but does not suit hard launches so combined with the taller diff will never be a recond holder down the strip!What ever works for you!Cheers, Ben,
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Location: sydney Posted 25/12/05 11:22 PM Author Posted 25/12/05 11:22 PM (edited) I had 3.45 in my commdore with a t56 and just found it lacking and 6th gear was uselessI then fitted a set of 3.9 and it changed the whole car and 5th was the new city gear and 6th was useable on the freewaysbut I might try driving a mk2 and see how they ratios r in that Edited 25/12/05 11:30 PM by will-82
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/12/05 11:42 PM Posted 25/12/05 11:42 PM I had 3.45 in my commdore with a t56 and just found it lacking and 6th gear was uselessbut I might try driving a mk2 and see how they ratios r in that<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cdore T56 has a .5 6th ratio, the T56 in the T a .62, so there's a huge difference there.As a comparison, at 110kph, you'd be doing approximately the following revs with the 3 different diffs with the .62 6th ratio: 3.46 2040 revs3.73 2200 revs4.10 2400 revsThe 3.46 diff will go very well cruising at these revs, and as I said the 4.10 is way too low.If for example you used the Cdore .5 6th ratio with a 3.46 diff, then as a comparison with the above figures you drop to around 1650 revs, which would NOT work well at all; so I understand where you are coming from.Ironically, with the 4.10 diff, I'd love to have a .5 6th gear ratio.I trust this helps.Brian
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Location: sydney Posted 25/12/05 11:46 PM Author Posted 25/12/05 11:46 PM yes that helps alot thank ubrett
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 25/12/05 11:47 PM Posted 25/12/05 11:47 PM I would agree with this if the car had less torque than it did... They way I look at is this...1st - now 12% taller - not so good getting off the line but actually useful ocassionally in the really tight stuff!2nd - taller and much better for overtaking from slow speed becase of the higher speed (115km/hr) at 6000rpm - of course I would only to this on private road.3rd - close to what it was4th - no change and the ratio is good at 60 and 70km/hr5th - shorter than the old 5th so actually better in some situations6th - only use it on the cruise and no good for overtaking, however at 105 - 110km/hr it delivers awesome fuel econ, and makes the car very quiet on the long cruise.3.73 might make 6th more sueful more frequently but it isn't necessary IMHO. I love the taller 1st/2nd.Just my 2c. Ben.I had 3.45 in my commdore with a t56 and just found it lacking and 6th gear was uselessI then fitted a set of 3.9 and it changed the whole car and 5th was the new city gear and 6th was useable on the freewaysbut I might try driving a mk2 and see how they ratios r in that<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now