Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Itty Bitty Kitty Kar
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 25d
  • Location: on a road near you....
Posted
Although, people here do not like being overtaken !

Countless round-a-bout rumbles have seen me now keeping score of the big fingers in my rear view mirror.  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what's the count at today?

*biggrins*

But honestly, I don't think anyone anywhere likes being overtaken and they will do stupid things to prevent it.

That is not just Canberra btw, but most of Australia that I have driven.

Ah well, Canberra has it's ups and downs, like any place, it's what you make of it that will determine if you like it or not.

Cheers

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 9d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
Although, people here do not like being overtaken !

Countless round-a-bout rumbles have seen me now keeping score of the big fingers in my rear view mirror.  :spoton:

So what's the count at today?

*biggrins*

But honestly, I don't think anyone anywhere likes being overtaken and they will do stupid things to prevent it.

That is not just Canberra btw, but most of Australia that I have driven.

Ah well, Canberra has it's ups and downs, like any place, it's what you make of it that will determine if you like it or not.

Cheers

I like it and I'm getting used to it :gooff:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

SUMMERNATS, look out for that hottie in the blue charger

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
anywhere ms700 lives is not Gods country , more like Stu's :laughing:  :k24t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laughing::laughing:

Back off pal, Stu's a nice bloke! :blink:

  • Weird Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Location: ACT
Posted
Ignore all those other people, they are all jealous.  :fool:

Anywhere on the Northside of Canberra is good...say Gungahlin area...way better than Tuggerananong!  :laughing: 

15 mins drive to City centre, 15 mins drive to Belconnen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Always intrigues me that when attempting to extol the virtues of Gungahlin, people always mention its proximity to elsewhere. :blush:

As if it were not really a place to be, but rather a good place to leave…. :blush:

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 24d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

Not everybody is as lucky as me to work 5 mins from home like me Alex, so potential settlers may find it interesting to know how far away other places in Canberra are. I'm sure you have all the panel shops mapped out in readiness for your next collision right? :laughing:

  • Big Gun
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 24y
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Not everybody is as lucky as me to work 5 mins from home like me Alex, so potential settlers may find it interesting to know how far away other places in Canberra are. I'm sure you have all the panel shops mapped out in readiness for your next collision right?  :laughing:

Alexis is only 5 mins from anywhere in that superfast superscarey superunbeatable F6......................woohoo, I'm shakin in my boots.

  • Itty Bitty Kitty Kar
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 25d
  • Location: on a road near you....
Posted

Gungahlin isn't a great area, I live there so I can tell you all about it.

About a billion new homes being crammed onto itty bitty blocks, and the shopping centre schmozzle is beyond belief.

Might be ok in 10years when some tree's have grown, but I fully expect the area to be full of centrelink mum's and bawling kidlings.

After all, they don't have a full Centrelink office here, just the family payments one.

Honestly, rent somewhere for 12 months, drive around a lot, visit a lot of areas and get a feel for what you want.

Gungahlin and Tuggernong both have excellent roads that link them to town, so essentially there isn't anywhere really in the ACT that is more than 20mins or so away, but not at peak hour.

Not much of a peak hour massacre like Sydney but it does have one that slows everything down.

Best of luck to you!

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

KKS, stop talking such sense!

People like Ross would prefer to whinge and belittle people in threads like these... :laughing:

You really cant go wrong wherever you move to in Canberra. I live on one side of town, and commute to the other side of town, takes me 35 mins during peak hour.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...