Guest newl Guests Posted 01/04/08 12:34 PM Posted 01/04/08 12:34 PM Ross, yeah, the Hepburn merge is usually a nightmare during any amount of even slightly heavy traffic. Shocking really. Main Roads should have seen this population boom coming years ago and began planning upgrades and implementations way back when.On another note, car made a healthy 281rwkw today with injectors and plugs when it got tuned today.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 01/04/08 01:38 PM Posted 01/04/08 01:38 PM Nice work Newl......should have put a cat in though lol. You will regret it!!!!!
Guest newl Guests Posted 01/04/08 02:14 PM Posted 01/04/08 02:14 PM The cat is on order. I'm going to do this in stages. Cat and dump (maybe the entire exhaust, thinking the XForce) will be done next. After that, I'll sort out the cooler to take care of the charge temps probably followed by a fuel pump (depends on if I need it sooner or not) or a Process West surge tank which will accomplish the same thing. I want to free up the engine first before worrying about other things.
IEATV8S Member 354 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 01/04/08 02:21 PM Posted 01/04/08 02:21 PM Whats best to do first Cat or Cooler
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 01/04/08 02:45 PM Posted 01/04/08 02:45 PM Whats best to do first Cat or CoolerSave for a bit longer and get both... But I think in my unqualified opinion, that the cat option will improve your performance more than just getting the cooler. What about getting a cat and dump set up?
IEATV8S Member 354 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 01/04/08 11:32 PM Posted 01/04/08 11:32 PM Yeah im in two minds. I want the cat and dump and go in for a retune but I dont know what set up to go for. I think the SMB 4' Dump and 5" cat is about $1500 fitted then add the $500 for a retune. Is this the best setup or can you have another setup for cheaper. I could get a rapid systems Hi Flow intercooler kit with cold air induction for $1600. I don't know too many options.
Guest newl Guests Posted 02/04/08 12:23 AM Posted 02/04/08 12:23 AM Cat and dump will help the engine breathe more. Better off doing that first.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/04/08 12:51 AM Posted 02/04/08 12:51 AM I have been running around with the Marangonis Mythos's (whats the plural of mythos??) for a couple of week now and im extremely impressed with the tyre. They are the first tires i've had that will hold 2nd gear full throttle and not break traction. Im running sans hardcover at the mo too so i imagine they would be even better with the extra 50kgs over the back end.If anybody in perth needs tyres i would recommend Derek at Ian Diffen TTF in Wangara
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 02/04/08 04:52 AM Posted 02/04/08 04:52 AM Is that the black ute?If so the curly hair young bloke was trying to tell me it had 500 kw with stock motor. Unless we had our wires crossed.Yeh that's the one... Im not sure if he was bullsh*tting!Told me that he has run a 12.16 on MT slicks.Also told me that he had done all the work to the car himself with some small help from a mate & the tuning by xtreme...I asked him of he ever got on this forum, proceeded to tell me that he doesnt know how to use forums and it pisses him off so he doesnt bother??
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/08 10:55 AM Posted 02/04/08 10:55 AM thanks for the update luke, they are definatly next on my list now!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now