Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 14d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

In my opinion NO it`s not worth it.Best keeping the T for at least 5 years,buy then the model that comes out eg. the next phoon will have a sh*t load more features.

For example , how many people had a series 1 Xr6T and bought a series 1 Typhoon.Now if I can recall there were debates was it worth the extra 15k.

I don`t think so and then you got hit with the depreciation of your own car on top.

What you were buying was exactly the same as what you had with a few extra features and an FPV no.Now this isn`t to say that an xr6t is better than phoon obviously not,especially after all the hiccups were sorted out. But at the end of the day they are both still falcons and a 2004 xr6t and a 2004 phoon are still 2004 falcons.

Now the guy who waited for the BF or what ever comes next,he has brains.

Whats he get for his money?, well 6 speed auto is the first thing as well as what ever other improvements that come with the new models,better designs,braking etc.And in most cases ends up paying the same money as he would have spent if he purchased 2 years earlier.

Me yeah I got my 2003 Xr6t, I still love it has ford impressed me much?

Nope,is there service good?nope,Do I have signs of rust on a 2 year old car(only slight surface rust behind right hand rear windscreen as per thread on forum)so it will go ford to fix what never should have been.Would I buy an FPV? at this point no because I refuse to pay top dollar to a car company that can`t get there act together.

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Ok,

I have ordered it :blink:

The delivery will (might) be 20/1/06 and it will be a 2006 build.

I am happy with the deal overall.

You need to remember that this is a business tool for me and I do not look at it the same way as some of you who have bought their cars personally. Any loss is a tax deduction :gooff:

I got the Big Brembo's and Sports wheel as my only options as all the stuff from the T will be moved across.

I will have some fun removing all the stuff over the next few weeks.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Ok,

I have ordered it :gooff:

The delivery will (might) be 20/1/06 and it will be a 2006 build.

I am happy with the deal overall.

You need to remember that this is a business tool for me and I do not look at it the same way as some of you who have bought their cars personally. Any loss is a tax deduction :gooff:

I got the Big Brembo's and Sports wheel as my only options as all the stuff from the T will be moved across.

I will have some fun removing all the stuff over the next few weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TOP STUFF!!

cant go wrong if it reduces the tax bill at the same time :blink:

still shocking depreciation for 18 months

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

Congrat's but.....

20/1/06 NOT! 20bucks on LATE Febuary - March....

FPV's closes till the 23 of January over Christmas and there letting the cars sit in the yard for at least 3weeks pryor to delivery.

Sorry Mal. :spoton:

Go give your dealer a kick in the nut's for me. :pinch:

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 27d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Ok,

I have ordered it :spoton:

The delivery will (might) be 20/1/06 and it will be a 2006 build.

I am happy with the deal overall.

You need to remember that this is a business tool for me and I do not look at it the same way as some of you who have bought their cars personally. Any loss is a tax deduction :tease:

I got the Big Brembo's and Sports wheel as my only options as all the stuff from the T will be moved across.

I will have some fun removing all the stuff over the next few weeks.

Congratulations Zap :pinch:

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted
Ok,

I have ordered it :spoton:

The delivery will (might) be 20/1/06 and it will be a 2006 build.

I am happy with the deal overall.

You need to remember that this is a business tool for me and I do not look at it the same way as some of you who have bought their cars personally. Any loss is a tax deduction :tease:

I got the Big Brembo's and Sports wheel as my only options as all the stuff from the T will be moved across.

I will have some fun removing all the stuff over the next few weeks.

Congrats Zap.. And welcome to phoon land, (well almost)

:pinch::msm::msm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: tannum
Posted

yeah congrats mal me in same boat went to trade mine in they would give me $42000 for it but the price they wanted for the poon$63000 standard

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Bugger borrowing all that dough to lose a heap of it in 1 year.Dude your bloody mad for borrowing that much.If you have a buisness,then save up and buy it out of your buisness money if its turning over enough to warrant a massive loan like you make out.

I stick buy my morals of(If you cant afford it,then dont buy it)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

im going to keep mine untill its at least 5years old by that time there should be a 300+ kw typhoon.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
Mal, I just did a red book value for the XR6 T for MKI and the MKII

what u got for a tradein value  is about right. have to weight it up mate

to see can you afford it!!

Good luck mate!!

Dal.

2004 FORD FALCON

BA XR6 Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 4.0T

Prices based on km 15,000 - 20,000 

Trade in price guide* $24,400 - $26,800

National average price - private sale* $28,700 - $32,900

2005 FORD FALCON

BA Mk II XR6 Sedan 4dr Man 6sp 4.0T

Prices based on km 15,000 - 20,000 

Trade in price guide* $27,600 - $30,800

National average price - private sale* $32,300 - $36,800

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How come the red book says that utes are worth as much as a sedan after 2 years, but are 10K cheaper to buy?! that's interesting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...