Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
im going to keep mine untill its at least 5years old by that time there should be a 300+ kw typhoon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well.I have had my car for 2 years now and I have too say that the novelty has long wore off this car.

Would I spend that much again? Bugger that!!!!!

I own my car and would not dream a blowing that kind of money again on one let alone borrow $60 to$80 grand on one.Tax right off or not.What a bloody waste of money.

Rather buy a wicked COMPANY boat for that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't agree more. I love my T, but its next to useless vehicle. I have a company car which I don't pay tax on, so its totally free, so I have a $40K ute with 300kw sitting in the garage for up to 2 weeks at a time because I can't be bothered driving it. Why? Because the XT is so much smoother and its an auto. I know its lame :msm:

I fortunately live at home since I am only 23 and I am saving for a house and an engagement ring so the ute is just a toy. At least I on;y owe $20K on it and its work $30K so I am in front and shoudl stay there. However I look forward to the day I can sell it and buy a better car, something like a Liberty GT or SR5 Hilux. I'm over the speed, which means the ute offers nothing more to me. It was only fast, nothing more.

I won't be buying one again. I love the GT-P but for $80K I'd rather something else. Not sure what, but something else!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

23 and over the speed??? wow...

I love my T and drive it everyone without fail...

I have had the slow cars and all the time I was wishing I had the more powerful ones, now I have a powerful one I'll only give it up for an even more powerful one...

As for justifying spending the money on a Phoon, if you can afford it go for it (as I see you already have)... When I first got my T I thought I'd have to justify it, and really from a money point of view I couldn't (I had a 1.6L laser before) but then I thought having money simply sitting there is about as usless as *beep* on a bull (What's the point in working hard if you don't enjoy the benefits)... So I changed my line of thought and brought the T... Haven't regreted it since...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now all you have to do is get it editided by the right bloke,and the smile on your dial will be unremovid

vik... :tease::pooh::pooh:

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Am 25 and just got my T I have to say I love it!!! can't get enough for it!!

next car will be a Typhoon! always wanted a fast car! but I got a house first when I was 22 got that out of the way and got the fast car now!!  :tease:  the $ for the T was meant for an investment place  :pooh:  but only live ones! so why not live it up!  :pooh:  :msm:

Dal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha I went the other way mate.. im 21.. bought my phoon first and im getting close to my 10% deposit for my house.. prob in 3-4 months tops.. , I can't get enough of speed.. and as much as my family/friends tell me I waste so much money on cars.. I love it!!, its my hobbie and I can't stop moding cars.. !! I hope I never get over speed.. :msm: hehehe

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 11d
Posted

Everything that has been said about trade-ins lines up with my experience with sedans. For FBT I drive a ute (which may not suit everyone) but you pay about $6000 less to buy & then get abiut $2000 more when you trade.

I have just traded my 2003 ute for $28000 and only paid $39500 when I bought it.

The new 6 speed auto is sensational.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 10d
  • Location: Hurstville, Sydney
Posted
Everything that has been said about trade-ins lines up with my experience with sedans. For FBT I drive a ute (which may not suit everyone) but you pay about $6000 less to buy & then get abiut $2000 more when you trade.

I have just traded my 2003 ute for $28000 and only paid $39500 when I bought it.

The new 6 speed auto is sensational.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason ute's holds better value then a Sedan Don't ask me why

but may b some of u guys here would know better! :gooff:

Dal.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 10d
  • Location: Hurstville, Sydney
Posted
Am 25 and just got my T I have to say I love it!!! can't get enough for it!!

next car will be a Typhoon! always wanted a fast car! but I got a house first when I was 22 got that out of the way and got the fast car now!!  :gooff:  the $ for the T was meant for an investment place  :gooff:  but only live ones! so why not live it up!  :gooff:  :msm:

Dal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha I went the other way mate.. im 21.. bought my phoon first and im getting close to my 10% deposit for my house.. prob in 3-4 months tops.. , I can't get enough of speed.. and as much as my family/friends tell me I waste so much money on cars.. I love it!!, its my hobbie and I can't stop moding cars.. !! I hope I never get over speed.. :msm: hehehe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done mate!! A typhoon and a house soon!! ah that's Awesome stuff but I would check with ya bank 10% is a good deposit but I think u need to save another 10% so u have 20% with you so u don't need to pay Morgage insurances!

or get mumy and dady to help you out!! a bit :gooff: I did't pay morage insurances thank god that's Waste of $!! good Luck mate.

Dal.

Dal.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 13d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted
Am 25 and just got my T I have to say I love it!!! can't get enough for it!!

next car will be a Typhoon! always wanted a fast car! but I got a house first when I was 22 got that out of the way and got the fast car now!!  :msm:  the $ for the T was meant for an investment place  :spoton:  but only live ones! so why not live it up!  :spoton:  :msm:

Dal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha I went the other way mate.. im 21.. bought my phoon first and im getting close to my 10% deposit for my house.. prob in 3-4 months tops.. , I can't get enough of speed.. and as much as my family/friends tell me I waste so much money on cars.. I love it!!, its my hobbie and I can't stop moding cars.. !! I hope I never get over speed.. :msm: hehehe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done mate!! A typhoon and a house soon!! ah that's Awesome stuff but I would check with ya bank 10% is a good deposit but I think u need to save another 10% so u have 20% with you so u don't need to pay Morgage insurances!

or get mumy and dady to help you out!! a bit :blink: I did't pay morage insurances thank god that's Waste of $!! good Luck mate.

Dal.

Dal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sums I am working off show that a 5% deposit on a $300,000 loan means you pay $36,000 all up which includes all taxes, fees, and insurances. Crazy or what!

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

W O O H O O

I just got a call from my dealer and got my SIDO.

It is scheduled to be one of the fist cars built in the new year.

I just hope it is not the first as I would like the FORD/FPV employees to have recovered from the new year before they build my car.

Posted
W O O H O O

I just got a call from my dealer and got my SIDO.

It is scheduled to be one of the fist cars built in the new year.

I just hope it is not the first as I would like the FORD/FPV employees to have recovered from the new year before they build my car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck mate

vik...your gunna need it :nerd8::nerd8:^_^

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
Ok,

I have ordered it :spoton:

The delivery will (might) be 20/1/06 and it will be a 2006 build.

I am happy with the deal overall.

You need to remember that this is a business tool for me and I do not look at it the same way as some of you who have bought their cars personally. Any loss is a tax deduction :pooh:

I got the Big Brembo's and Sports wheel as my only options as all the stuff from the T will be moved across.

I will have some fun removing all the stuff over the next few weeks.

Good onya Zap :kissmy: Looking forward to those photos.

l hate to bring it up :pooh: BUT on the issue of driveline shunt, has this been addressed in the BF? l would go fcuking mental if l bought another BA/F and it had shunt.

March next year is new car time for me and as with most blokes have given the issue too much thinking time. l think it will be an Evo 9 for me for many reasons although the F6 would be my second choice with the exact options you went for. :w00t2:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I will go Chocolates if I have shunt, but I am also getting the Auto, so it hopefully will not be bad.

I also have noticed a difference buying a FPV compared with a normal Ford.

My dealer has just become a FPV dealer and mine will be the first delivered by them, so they are bending over backwards to keep me happy.

They are letting me drive the T untill after Christmas, and then I will either get a loaner or keep my car until delivery. I had to pre trade the T to get the tradein value fixed until delivery. I also think my dealer knows that I will not tollerate bad service again.

There is also a possibility that I will be in Melbourne in the new year and have the chance to go to FPV to watch them build it, although they do most of it on the line now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...