bad inferno Member 130 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Posted 08/12/05 03:32 AM Author Posted 08/12/05 03:32 AM They also fixed a high pitched vibration (exhaust) could really hear it with the windows down when driving close to wall. (Freeway centre partition) The report stated they welded the exhaust shield. I think I can see that the exhaust shield is in two pieces and they have spot welded them together.
Schmooth Member 105 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 08/12/05 07:18 AM Posted 08/12/05 07:18 AM how come she didn't fill it up I wonder??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah right. She's filled it once in 12 months even though it's her car (I have a bike).And Redgum, your powers of deduction are impressive.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 08/12/05 07:32 AM Posted 08/12/05 07:32 AM My 15,000km service at my dealer cost $180 including GST.I'm a little concerned that they have listed GTX2 oil there! GTX2 is a 20W-50 viscosity oil. Ford recommend 15W-40 viscosity oil for the XR6T.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 08/12/05 08:24 AM Posted 08/12/05 08:24 AM My 15,000km service at my dealer cost $180 including GST.I'm a little concerned that they have listed GTX2 oil there! GTX2 is a 20W-50 viscosity oil. Ford recommend 15W-40 viscosity oil for the XR6T.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>180 is awesome if they tightened the manifold bolts!!my guess would be they didn't though..
Deee Member 3 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Posted 08/12/05 08:34 AM Posted 08/12/05 08:34 AM Hey guys, new member here Sorry for butting into the thread, but its the most relevant without creating a new one, but im due to purchase my new T in the next few weeks, and by the sounds of it, there are 15, 30 and 45k services? What are the next big numbers to keep an eye out on, and what are specifics that will be looked at in each service? whats the major service (and estimated costs)?Cheers
bad inferno Member 130 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Posted 08/12/05 08:36 AM Author Posted 08/12/05 08:36 AM Do you think the oil viscosity is a problem ? I would like to take it back and force another oil change to 15-40 however getting there is always a problemI checked the manual and it states a warning about using other viscosities what do you reckon ? I hope they do a survey ?
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 15d Location: leonay Posted 09/12/05 05:03 AM Posted 09/12/05 05:03 AM Wow ....just paid 390 for the 15k service...270 labor the rest for oil and small stuff...City FordAlthough I must say that getting the ecu updated (Manual MkII build oct 04) has made a huge difference to my gear changes...alot smoother I actually thought it was my driving style however now you wouldn't even notice the change. I think the revs hold up alittle more between changes. Don't know if I can tell any diff to the power as it was peak hour on the way home.I thought they may of commented on my front grill I installed. Got t off ebay some months ago however the car does not run any hotter with the grill installed.cheers<{POST_SNAPBACK}>did they lube you up and prepare you for penetration... or did they just
Schmooth Member 105 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 09/12/05 05:16 AM Posted 09/12/05 05:16 AM Hey guys, new member here Sorry for butting into the thread, but its the most relevant without creating a new one, but im due to purchase my new T in the next few weeks, and by the sounds of it, there are 15, 30 and 45k services? What are the next big numbers to keep an eye out on, and what are specifics that will be looked at in each service? whats the major service (and estimated costs)?Cheers<{POST_SNAPBACK}>From what I remember of the manual, it is a minor (or A) service at 15k intervals, and major (or B) services at 45k intervals.So minor at 15, 30, 60, 75, 105, 120kAnd major at 45, 90, 135k etc
bad inferno Member 130 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Posted 09/12/05 05:35 AM Author Posted 09/12/05 05:35 AM Phone up to complain about the GTX2They stated it was an error on the printout and that they either use magnatec & pentoil (or something like that)Charges 96 /hr ex GST so my 240.00 labor charge is correct however got find a place with a cheaper rate. The book states the servcie to be 2 hrs and they did do everything. ~$400 for a normal service ~$500 for a major service.I'll take my own oil next time, tell them not to use any additives and just pay for the 2 hrs labor
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Perth WA Posted 09/12/05 08:22 AM Posted 09/12/05 08:22 AM lucky for me my mates old man is a good mechanic and does all my cars.. hes got a mobile van as well !!last one I got was $140 for my 350Z's 20,000km major service where Nissh!t said it would be around $400..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now